This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My tour of Dream Car Garage

I had a great day yesterday. Other than getting a half day off work, a former boss of mine invited me to the large RM collector car auction in Toronto. Thats not the best part though. He is an aquaintance of Peter Klutt-the owner of Legendary Motorcars Inc and the host of Speed's "Dream Car Garage". Although Peter wasn't there (DARN!), I got a tour of the restoration facility which pretty much blew my mind. I have never seen so many high dollar muscle cars in one spot. Here is a couple of shots of the showroom:

This picture shows former owner Dave Stricklers 1970 Z28 which he raced when new. The car has 3000 original miles!

Just another typical day at Legendary Motorcars: A Boss 429 sitting above a Shelby. Oh, and there is a 70 GTO Judge parked beside them!

Here is a modified Shelby awaiting dyno testing:

Here is the coolest fab shop I have ever seen!

Here is the one of one black GTO Judge Convertibles that sold for $410000U.S at Barrett-Jackson:

Remember seeing this car on Dream Car Garage?:

If I had a few million, this would surly be the place I'd take my supercharged Hawk (which I'd buy if I had a few million!)
    I had a chance to talk to renowned fabricator and hot rod wizard Ken Stewart which was a real thrill for me. The auction was excellent although there wasn't a Stude to be found...

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Is that the same Dave Strickler that raced ( The Old Reliable) back in the early sixties? Champ

Comment

I was there on tour with the Hamilton Chpt. last year.There was a GT Hawk there at the time,a lot of little things on the car were not "correct" and the asking price was way up there.The the cars in the showroom were very nice but priced a bit above the means of average enthusiast I would think.What impressed me the most was the cleanliness of the work shop,not a spec of dust or oil stain to be found.Like Mr. StClair said When I win the lottery, Oh-Boy !

Comment

Yep,
        That's the same Dave Strickler!

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

I remember those old Drag-Racing days well! Dave and Grumpy ( Bill Jenkens) put many of the big name factory teams on the trailor! Champ

Comment

What a nice place to be if you were a collector car, or even to work!

1961 Lark

Comment

Working...
            X