PDA

View Full Version : Watching Dick's Auction End



Studedude
04-01-2006, 08:25 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1955-Studebaker-President-Speedster-Custom-Kustom_W0QQitemZ4624888937QQcategoryZ6466QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.davesplaceinc.com/sdcforum/logo.jpg
www.davesplaceinc.com

Studedude
04-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Interesting. Winning bidder place a bid 17 minutes before auction end, and just to make sure someone didn't slip in on him at the last minute, bid against his own bid in the last minute:



renoreddogg ( 322) US $9,101.00 Apr-01-06 18:29:54 PST

renoreddogg ( 322) US $9,101.00 Apr-01-06 18:13:55 PST

Gotta love strategy!

Congrats, Dick!


http://www.davesplaceinc.com/sdcforum/logo.jpg
www.davesplaceinc.com

Dick Steinkamp
04-01-2006, 08:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Studedude

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1955-Studebaker-President-Speedster-Custom-Kustom_W0QQitemZ4624888937QQcategoryZ6466QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.davesplaceinc.com/sdcforum/logo.jpg
www.davesplaceinc.com

Thanks, Dave.

It's headed for Reno.

http://static.flickr.com/39/116161997_2e767778e0.jpg




http://thenobot.org/images/s2d/s2d_01.jpg

Roscomacaw
04-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Think it might show up at Hot August Nights???[:0]:D

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

N8N
04-02-2006, 05:17 PM
I still can't get over how nicely preserved that car is.

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
62 Daytona hardtop
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Dick Steinkamp
04-02-2006, 07:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Think it might show up at Hot August Nights???[:0]:D




The guy that bought it is a big time collector/builder of everything from classic 30's cars to high tech hot rods. This is his first Studebaker. He does Hot August Nights every year (last year in a modified Jag Mark V). His plan is to restore it back to it's 60's show days including paint back to Pink Pearl. My guess is that we'll see it at HAN and other places in the coming years. A neat car guy for sure.



http://thenobot.org/images/s2d/s2d_01.jpg

gordr
04-02-2006, 10:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp


quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Think it might show up at Hot August Nights???[:0]:D




The guy that bought it is a big time collector/builder of everything from classic 30's cars to high tech hot rods. This is his first Studebaker. He does Hot August Nights every year (last year in a modified Jag Mark V). His plan is to restore it back to it's 60's show days including paint back to Pink Pearl. My guess is that we'll see it at HAN and other places in the coming years. A neat car guy for sure.



http://thenobot.org/images/s2d/s2d_01.jpg


Well, Dick, that is just so cool. You got your reserve price, and had the pleasure of owning a piece of history for a few weeks. And the buyer is another car guy who should do right by the car as well. A transaction that satisfies everybody. It doesn't get better than that. And, lest anybody think I'm somehow expressing sarcasm or sour grapes, no, no, not in the least. It really is cool that eBay has become a venue where car nuts can buy and sell stuff that they could only dream about in the years gone by.

I just came in the house after playing with MY recent eBay find, a '49 Crosley Super sedan delivery. Got it off the trailer, and started up and drove to the neighbours and back, and drove it into the shop. The car is cuter than sneakers, even if it's not a Studebaker [B)] But it would make a Lark Standard feel like a Mark IV Lincoln. [8D] It's so primitive, it even has mechanical brakes. Really. Little 44 cu. in. engine runs like a pup, though.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

DEEPNHOCK
04-03-2006, 07:22 AM
Gord,
The engine in your Crosley was the base powerplant for a few decades of Carrier reefer units in the heavy truck world.
Jeff[8D]

[/quote]
I just came in the house after playing with MY recent eBay find, a '49 Crosley Super sedan delivery. Got it off the trailer, and started up and drove to the neighbours and back, and drove it into the shop. The car is cuter than sneakers, even if it's not a Studebaker [B)] But it would make a Lark Standard feel like a Mark IV Lincoln. [8D] It's so primitive, it even has mechanical brakes. Really. Little 44 cu. in. engine runs like a pup, though.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
[/quote]

Dick Steinkamp
04-03-2006, 09:50 AM
quote:[i]Originally posted by gordr.

I just came in the house after playing with MY recent eBay find, a '49 Crosley Super sedan delivery.



Is it OK to use "Crosley" and "Super" in the same sentence[?];)

Seriously, Gord, sounds like a find. I think you were short at least one toy anyway [}:)] [8D].

Don't desert us Studebaker guys, however, just because you've stepped up to a Crosley :D



http://thenobot.org/images/s2d/s2d_01.jpg

Roscomacaw
04-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Crosley - a fine car.;)

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

gordr
04-03-2006, 11:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Crosley - a fine car.;)

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

Car? It's a roller skate.

But a durn cute lil' roller skate
:D

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands