PDA

View Full Version : Economics

KevinSheen
03-31-2006, 07:41 PM
I truly do hate econmics. In a perfect world, I would own every cool car and truck that comes my way. As it stands now, I might have to sell the Stoogebaker. I am not happy about this. But life is what happens when one is making plans.
I'm not sure if it will happen yet, but it will be offered here first. Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

Roscomacaw
03-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Sure sorry to hear of that, Kevin! I remind myself that the tough times only make the good ones seem even better!:D I hope you can keep the StoogeBaker![^]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

KevinSheen
03-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement Mr B[:I] I am going to try to hang on despite the odds ( and the wife[B)]. I'm not saying the situation is hopeless, or the outlook bleak, but damn, I could use a winning lottery ticket! Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

larkvi
04-01-2006, 07:31 AM
Kevin, I'm in the same boat. I hope you have better luck selling the Stoogebaker than I have had trying to sell my car.

studeclunker
04-03-2006, 05:13 AM
Kevin, what will you replace your Champ with? A new truck?[}:)] One less than ten years old? Will you be able to work on it?;) How about payments, insurance, etc...[V]
I get the line "you should sell all those old Studebakers and get just one good car." They mean of course the newest plastic pod.[|)] Which by the way, I don't even come close to fitting being over six feet.[B)]
So if the wife is pressuring you to sell your truck, just hit her between the eyes with a little economic reality of your own. Gently of course.[:X]
Good luck. It's going to be an uphill battle[}:)], I don't envy you...[:I]

Lotsa Larks!
K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
Ron Smith

KevinSheen
04-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Thanks Ron, You made some good points. I was pretty down the other night when I wrote that. I should be back to work this week though. That's the trouble with ships and shipping companies. Start dates are so arbitrary sometimes. I thought I would have been back aboard at least a week ago. Got to dip into the (shallow) reserves. I'll get er done. Thanks again, Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ