This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't it amazing what drugs can do?

This man must be on some serious medication..

As nice as this car is, I think it will be another 30 years before he can get that kind of money! But, he's a dealer, what can one expect?

I will be listing my son's (formally my) 62 Hawk very soon, and in my opinion, it just blows this one away, and it will be way cheaper. Unfortunately,(sigh, I'm gonna get nailed for this), it has a Crate SBC motor. His decision. He couldn't find anyone out there to work on a Studebaker, so, when some idiot blew up his engine, he had a small block installed. Very nicely done too. Man is it fast!

But getting back to the ad, the most I've seen a normal Hawk go for was 16K, and that was mine on Ebay about 3 years ago. 4sp, PS, PB. 47000 miles. Doesn't mean they have sold for more, but 34K is a pipe dream.

Nice-lookin' Hawk alright. What ya wanna bet, Duffy's got it on consignment?[}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well, it does say it's "just up from sunny Arizona..." [}] Anybody see a black GT go through Barrett-Jacksnob? [:0]
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

This looks like a car that I saw at the Scottsdale Pavillions during Barrett-Jackson Saturday. I know the owner and he was trolling with $40K plus price. Not as nice as JP's Goldie.
        Denny L

Comment

Yipes, Denny! I was just kidding! [:0]
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Green53

This looks like a car that I saw at the Scottsdale Pavillions during Barrett-Jackson Saturday. I know the owner and he was trolling with $40K plus price. Not as nice as JP's Goldie.
            Denny L
            Hey Denny, congrats on the cover shot on this month's TW!! I've got to say that the Daytona looks even better than it did 30 years ago. I'm looking forward to seeing you and that car in Omaha.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

[}] Heh, heh....well, Dick; Denny's Daytona is still in Brownsburg IN, stored at my place until I take it to Omaha for the National Meet and subsequently return it to its rightful owner! (Gee, I hope I don't get too attached to it and "forget" to go to Omaha...and isn't possession 9/10 of the law <G>?) BP

Comment

I once owned an immaculate '59 Impala,2 dr ht-rust free Arizona car.
                asking a realistic price at that time,[about $9000]IIRC.
                I was in Contact with Duffy about possible sale,they low-balled me so bad it was an embarrassment.Saying '59s just weren't very popular,they offered me less than a 3rd of my asking price!!!
                Monthe later,they were advertising a couple 59s for around 12-15k !!!

LaSalle,Il
                61Hawk
                60Lark
                Oglesby,Il.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

(Gee, I hope I don't get too attached to it and "forget" to go to Omaha...and isn't possession 9/10 of the law <G>?) BP
                  Nice try, Bob . Hey, BTW, congrats on having three (3) pictures in one (1) TW issue. Inside back cover, cover story article...page 10, and The Co-Operator...page 20 (along with that always photogenic Mr. Biggs). Must be some sort of record [}].

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

.........scrambling for dictionary.... (I always thought "photogenic" inferred something easy on the eyes![)])

OH! Wait! What day is it???[}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President 2-dr
                    1955 President State
                    1951 Champion Biz cpe
                    1963 Daytona project FS
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I may have to pry the keys out of Bob's hands with a crowbar. It will be nice to have the car in Arizona after the Omaha meet. Iv'e only had the chance to drive the car once or twice a year the last three years.
                      Denny L

Comment

[] Er...Denny, you didn't record the odometer reading when I picked it up last year at May South Bend swap meet, did you...?

Comment

My rates are competitive with the other agencies that rent the exotic cars.
                          Denny L

Comment

[:I] You do take VISA, right? [8D] BP

Comment

High limit platinum prefered.

Comment

Working...
                              X