PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Studebaker Owners

62STUD
03-29-2006, 02:35 PM
Any of you in here? [8D]

I'm in the process of thinking about whether or not I want to sell my '62 Lark, and I was looking for your inspiring words to convince me to keep it.

I'm also in the process of finding a 2nd generation RX7 shell to turn into a road course/ drag strip car, and the selling of the Stude would help in the funding of the RX7.

Common guys... Convince me otherwise!

tstclr
03-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Where in Ontario are you? Tell us about your Stude!
Mazda Schmazda-keep the Stude!
[:p]
Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

55s
03-29-2006, 04:30 PM
There are many Ontario Canada Stude people around. Try these two websites:

www.ontariosdc.ca and www.thehamiltonchaptersdc.ca. There is also the Canadian Avanti Owners Association club in Ontario.

The Ontario Chapter has about 160 members and the Hamilton Chapter about 60.

Where are you, and where would you like an event to be held?

Paul Revell, Caledon

55sedan
03-29-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm another one! London area. Take your Lark out for a spin this weekend and I am sure it will do the convincing for you!! 16C and sunny when I came home tonight, I pulled the cover off the Champion to say hi after its long winter nap.

Where are you located 62STUD? I can't disagree with the RX7 though, as I have had the same thought for a rally course car.

Enjoy your Lark.

tstclr
03-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey 55s. You aren't too far from me (Ingersoll). I was born and raised in London. I was raised EOA. Only a long time Londoner will know what that means ;)

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Swifster
03-29-2006, 08:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by 62STUD

Any of you in here? [8D]

I'm in the process of thinking about whether or not I want to sell my '62 Lark, and I was looking for your inspiring words to convince me to keep it.

I'm also in the process of finding a 2nd generation RX7 shell to turn into a road course/ drag strip car, and the selling of the Stude would help in the funding of the RX7.

Common guys... Convince me otherwise!

Yes, I'll convince you; road racing is only surpassed by sex. If you have the budget, build the Mazda. But beware, these are expensive even for an ITS car (SCCA class). Chassis set up for drags and road racing are completely different, so go one way or the other. I have a Suzuki Swift that I've raced in ITB, and I'm in the process of moving the car into Production. I haven't had the opportunity, but I'd love to race at Watkins Glen or Mosport.

There's a shop in Atlanta selling turn-key RX-7's for $65K for a front running ITS car.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com

62STUD
03-30-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm in the GTA region, Richmond Hill to be precise, Bathurst/ Rutherford to be even more precise :P

She used to be a 6 originally, but sometime later in her life an early 62 and earlier 259 was thrown in. She does need some work, check out the For Sale section of www.thehamiltonchaptersdc.ca and she's in there, along with links to some pictures.

It'd be an easier decision if she was able to run on her own without any work. Not that I mind working on her, in fact it's quite pleasurable, but sometimes I find myself short on time and space. With the good weather though we should be clearing a bunch of cars that are at our shop for the winter, so I should have the space to keep her there and work on her during my free time.

As for the RX7, it would ne mainly for road course, but it would see the strip every other weekend too. Fully gutted, and packing an LS1/ T56/ C4 rear end combo. Depending on whether or not I want to break into the single digits, I'm even considering going the forced induction route :P

Either way, if I keep the Stude, it'll also see one sort of FI or another.

With every day that passes though, and reading the forums here, I want to keep her more and more... You guys are doing a great job, keep it coming :)