PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the great help

SALark
03-24-2006, 03:17 PM
I have to say a huge thanks to "Fishnphil" for his great assistance and trouble he went through to help me find tailights for my 61 lark......Its always a pleasure to deal with people who have the interest of the Car at heart...
Phil, a HUGE thanks buddy..
the other people on this forum have been and still are a wealth of info....thanks guys
If u or anyone else ever need anything from South Africa ...just holler...........
NO i didnt include pet lions or elephants hehehhe
thanks
Ian Bosch

61 Lark 2 dr HT (RHD)
55 champion 4dr sedan (RHD)
57 Hawk (RHD)
59 Hawk (LHD)

studegary
03-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Ian - This was really nice of you to post a thank you for someone that helped you out from this SDC forum. So often, on this forum, or other places, once someone gets the help that they seek, they disappear. Gary L.

SALark
03-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Gary, sorry to hear that you get people like that here too.....i know over at the cobra and mustang forums i subscribe to there are plenty............
But i have to tell people what a pleasure it was to be able to find someone who was willing to assist me.........make himself out of pocket untill i repaid him.........with no gaurantee that i would come through.........I guess he loves these old ladies of the highways as much or even more than I do.............
Like i said........if anyone needs anything from SA..let me know........I have tons of stude parts at home.......many many engines and trannys...lots of Hawk parts....maybe the OZZIE guys would want some of the RHD stuff i have.
JUST HOLLER.
Thanks again, those tail lights were real hard to find.
MY next search will be for NOS rear upper window runs
cheers
Ian

61 Lark 2 dr HT (RHD)
57 Hawk (RHD)
59 Hawk (LHD)

60Lark
03-25-2006, 01:06 AM
Hello Again Ian, I am glad I could help you out. I to have recieved some very much appreciated help and assistance from many of our fellow SDC members. Every single SDC member I've met has been more than willing to go out of their way to assist. I sort of view it like helping a family member or long time friend, If I am able to help I am there. I have enjoyed the internet conversations with you :) Please post pix as you progress with your Lark project, I want to see those tail light lenses on the car [:p]

Studebaker Fever
60 Lark
51 Champion
Phil

SALark
03-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Phil, Hi again.
I will definitely send pics of my project when i get home in April....i am finishing my second tour in Afghanistan so things have been standing still while i am over ....hence the need to have my MOM do the stuff for me in SA.
I have kept a detailed photographic record of the restoration process form the day i found the car in the barn.
I have a few other projects which also need some attention.
THanks again for the lights.
MY next search will definitely be for the upper window runs for the rear windows, i have good chrome parts but the whiskers are shot to heck. i may have ot somehoew try and remove them and replace with some generic type.
Cheers for now
Ian

61 Lark 2 dr HT (RHD)
57 Hawk (RHD)
59 Hawk (LHD)

60Lark
03-26-2006, 12:53 AM
God Luck with the car as well as your efforts in Afghanistan

Studebaker Fever
60 Lark
51 Champion