Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Virginia, Cruisers are cool, too!

I drove my 1966 black Cruiser today even though there's snow on the ground (well, it's Minnesota and it's a car, right?). I had lunch at the local Dairy Queen, and as soon as I get in the door a couple customers start looking out at my car (this is NOT a show car, mind you) and one says, "Wow! That's a cool car!" Then the lady behind the counter leans over to get a look out the window. She liked it, too!

I never thought a American 1960s vintage sedan could be cool, but I guess when you compare to todays blobs of plastic and metal(?) it really is.

Here's the car:

The only thing that got me was when the young guy asked if it had a rumbleseat!?!?!?!?!?!

You've summed it up correctly. Honest-ta-goodness styling just floors folks accusstomed to today's pablum.

Rumbleseat? You should shown him the back seat and told of how you've wrestled with many a blond babe back there! Rumble + Seat.[)]

Of course, you were just trying to get away in each instance![:0][}][xx(]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

You'll find today's younger generation doesn't get turned off by 4 door cars like we did when we were that age. Most of the "tuner" cars have 4 doors so the kids don't think there is anything wrong with that (and there isn't). The day of the 4 door is coming!

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Nice ride ......

It's funny seems like everybody who visits my garage says the same thing............"Did this thing have rumble seats?"

I like Biggs comments however!![^]

What is truly a conversation; is the strength of the body compared to the newer cars...

Comment

Speaking of cool Cruisers, did anyone notice that Ray Martin is selling his factory 1 of 5 R2 4 speed Cruiser? I have seen this car and it is gorgeous!

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Personally, I always thought the 1964-66 4 door models have better proportions than the 2 door models, since the wheelbase is longer.

By the way, this is the very first time I've had a picture show up without help - although it didn't work at first. The whole process is still inadequate and too prone to problems, IMHO.
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Yup- Sedans are cool! 'Sweet Pea' (my '65 Cruiser) always gets looks, maybe 'cause she's so shinny?! How cool it would be to have an R2/4speed Cruiser- that'd surprise some people once in awhile! [8)] If only I didn't just buy that '58 Packard... [:0] [V]
              JUST KIDDING!!!

[8D]

StudeDave
              San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
              '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
              '57 Commander 2dr
              '57 Champion 2dr
              '58 Packard sedan
              '65 Cruiser
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)