This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers for Studebaker V-8

Work continues on my 63 Champ conversion to 700R4 transmission... Hope to have some photos on the work progression soon.

While I have the engine out and since I will probably need custom exhaust pipes to clear the new transmission, I am considering the installation of Headers to replace the stock exhaust manifolds. Any suggestions where to get them? Won't need the heat riser valve since I am going to an Edelbrock Performer Series with electric choke.

Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

Cast iron factory R3 repros are available from several of the Stude vendors. No tube headers are availabe from any source I know of. Headers by Ed does make the header flange for Stude V8s and sells the tubing in various lengths.

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Besides that - those who race Studes say headers are the LAST thing they'd opt for in an effort to pick up HP. Of course, there's the "cool" factor.[}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mjeansonne

Work continues on my 63 Champ conversion to 700R4 transmission... Hope to have some photos on the work progression soon.
        I put one in my 60 Hawk years ago, NICE improvement, you WILL be SO
        happy with the results! I hope you got an 88 to 93 unit. I used the
        kit from Levesque, before he was Steeltech. Worked very nice.

quote:I am considering the installation of Headers to replace the stock exhaust manifolds. Any suggestions where to get them?
        If you find an Email for Lionel Stone - LET ME KNOW!

Tom
        '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
        Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
        I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Don't dream of Stone and e-mail. If you need to get him call 818-990-8916

Comment

Working...
          X