63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 Daytona Convert.

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Car corral at York

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 Daytona Convert.

Any idea of prices JP?...especially those that sold. It would give us an idea of the market.

Thanks,
    -Dick-
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I don't know of any that sold, but I might have missed it. My pre ebay sale prices on a 64 Daytona HT of 4K and my 63 rag top of 12K got no interest.

64 R2 4 speed Challenger
      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
      63 Daytona Convert.

JDP Maryland

Comment

Someone said the pretty light blue 1952 Champion 4-door was sold to The Keystone Chapter for next year's raffle car...any confirmation of that? 'Didn't hear the selling price, though...nor did I see the asking price! [?] [:I]

Exceptional cars included the 1951 Commander 4-door (light green) and 1966 Cruiser with documented and believable 25,550 miles; asking price $7,800. Also offered was an unusually nice, light green 1950 Commander Starlight Coupe...'ya gotta love [] those LOOONNNG 1950 Commander bullet-nose front fenders.

Anyone know anything about the Bermuda Brown 1964 Daytona convertible? 'Never did see a For Sale sign or information, but it appeared to be For Sale. [?] [8D] BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The 64 Daytona was pre sold for $7500, lots of body putty and fiberglass floor repairs, but 64 sheet metal is cheap and the cars are rare.

64 R2 4 speed Challenger
          63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
          63 Daytona Convert.

JDP Maryland

Comment

I saw a GT Hawk that had the insert on the deck lid held on with hex-head sheet-metal screws, but a car with lots of potential, anyway. I think that the cars you tend to see in car corrals at swap meets tend to be either driver quality or project or parts cars. Not a darn thing wrong with that--as long as you accept that it just isn't usually a venue for buying/selling the really sharp cars. Have to admit that the black convt was cute, no matter what! Also at York, I actually met "Deepnhock", in person![:0]Truth be known, the Studebaker manifolds he sells are really worth the money, given the amount of machine work done to them to fit the later AFB. If I had the skill, I'd build one set up to take a (salvage) TBI system, and engineer the wiring harness and other hardware needed to retrofit a Studebaker engine with fuel injection. I think it would be a very practical modification, in line with the original design concept of those cars--a lively, economical, fun-to-drive car.

Comment

The 52 Champion was bought by the Keystone SDC for next years raffel car. Don't forget to buy your tickets.
              Jeff Sheaffer
              Driving the past into the future

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Packebaker

If I had the skill, I'd build one set up to take a (salvage) TBI system, and engineer the wiring harness and other hardware needed to retrofit a Studebaker engine with fuel injection. It would be a practical modification in keeing with the original design concept of those cars--a lively, economical, fun-to-drive car.
                Aware of the frugleness of most Studebaker folks, I can tell you that Holley sells a 650 CFM 4-bbl style TBI system. I would think if Jeff was supplied with the unit that he could machine the manifold to fit. The only question I have on that system is the distributor issue as it's using a GM (or Ford) unit for timing. Of course maybe Mr. T-Bow could modify the distributor to work. Hmmmm [}]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
                Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
                LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
                Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

JDP,
                  Thanks for postling those pix. I was sorry I couldn't make it to York this year. Looks like some nice cars were for sale.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Rather than go to a TBI setup, if one were so inclined, I'd say get an aluminum "Stone Clone" manifold and have bungs welded on it for real port injection. That way you don't have to worry about fuel "falling out" or being unequally distributed in the intake runners. Just so happens I have one of those manifolds, polished and made to actually work by the very Jeff R. you were just discussing. Can't wait to bolt it on and save some weight while increasing the "shiny stuff" coefficient under the hood However, the "mods" budget is about tapped for this year; will probably be bolting on a plain old AFB.

nate

--
                    55 Commander Starlight
                    62 Daytona hardtop
                    --
                    55 Commander Starlight
                    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I thought of that too

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
                      Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
                      LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
                      Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

That Daytona was full of bondo??
                        It didn't look like it...
                        Jeff

quote:Originally posted by JDP

The 64 Daytona was pre sold for $7500, lots of body putty and fiberglass floor repairs, but 64 sheet metal is cheap and the cars are rare.

64 R2 4 speed Challenger
                        63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
                        63 Daytona Convert.

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Looked at the Lark wagon- one of which I want... wish he didn't want $3900... and it was a little better shape... and NOT Coral...

Can't believe I missed the Green Lark; anyone know the price?

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)

Comment

I agree with you...(and it was great meeting you!)
                            All it would take is the TBI tubes that would go to the Stude flanges with injector bungs. I have a CAD of the intake flange that could be water jet cut thick enough to allow injector bungs, and then weld the u-tubes to go to the GM TBI plenum...
                            Only one custom part...
                            Jeff (elegance in simplicity) Rice[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Packebaker

I saw a GT Hawk that had the insert on the deck lid held on with hex-head sheet-metal screws, but a car with lots of potential, anyway. I think that the cars you tend to see in car corrals at swap meets tend to be either driver quality or project or parts cars. Not a darn thing wrong with that--as long as you accept that it just isn't usually a venue for buying/selling the really sharp cars. Have to admit that the black convt was cute, no matter what! Also at York, I actually met "Deepnhock", in person![:0]Truth be known, the Studebaker manifolds he sells are really worth the money, given the amount of machine work done to them to fit the later AFB. If I had the skill, I'd build one set up to take a (salvage) TBI system, and engineer the wiring harness and other hardware needed to retrofit a Studebaker engine with fuel injection. I think it would be a very practical modification, in line with the original design concept of those cars--a lively, economical, fun-to-drive car.
                            DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
                            Ocala, FL.
                            '37 Coupe Express
                            '37 Coupe Express Trailer
                            '61 Hawk

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

If you mean the green Lark VI he wanted $4000. Did you get my e-mail Bob? Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

Comment

Working...
                              X