Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think this Stude is worth?

Here's a link to the Hawk I found while driving down the street. Funny, cause I only saw it out of the corner of my eye as I hauled fanny passed on the highway. Maybe a 61? I'm not that well versed yet.

I can't get too close to it so I had to use the Zoom on my DC. Actually... my kid is the Photographer (He's taller!). It's locked in the yard of the tranny place. It looks like all of the trim etc. is there minus the hubcaps. From what I can see of the interior... it looks like poo poo.
    1. Assuming this has an Engine and Runs... what do you think it's worth?
    2. If I lay flat on the ground and try to see underneath from a distance... should I see an oil pan sticking down (I don't).
    3. If it's engineless what do you think it's worth?
    4. If it has an engine but doesn't run whattaya think it's worth?
    5. Would any of you consider buying this at all?

A lot of Questions... I know... but I'd appreciate any thoughts you guys have.

TIA,
    Mac

1960. 1-4k,with this little info available. Definitely looks saveable though!

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk
    60Lark
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

With what little I can see of it, it looks like either a 1959 Silver Hawk or a 1960 Hawk. It has an engine in it (otherwise it would sit much higher in the front). My guesstimate on price is $1000 to $3000 and I would not be interested in buying it.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Definately a 60. Looks like to much work for me. I've seen some worse condition been brought back to life. If you got the time and money, go for it.
        Jeff Sheaffer
        Driving the past into the future

Comment

It's a 60. It's complete down to the hubcaps except for the gas cap. Passenger wheel trim in car with 3 hubcaps. V8 auto that ran "2 years" ago. No Tach. Oil pressure gauge under dash and one in dash so that stuff probably doesn't work. At LEAST 97k on it. Pitting and peeling chrome... but all there. All needing to be rechromed..... but not rusted through. Glass is good. Doors open and shut. Interior isn't that bad... but it's brittle from sitting in the sun and needs to be totally replaced down to the dash pad. It's rusty in the back.Scares the heck out of me. WAY beyond my abilities. Holes (about 3 inches long... half inch wide) where the driver's side fin attaches and missing spots in the body color metal "trim" pieces that are in the area where the fin and body surfaces meet. Almost rusted through on the passenger side. Rust on rear panel under trunk. Trunk looks like it might be ok. Body mounts ok. Floors look OK. Exhaust is terrible but would fall off in towing so that's a plus!
          Smells like an old car.... but not moldy or rat poopy. I'd run like hell except that it's so COMPLETE. Now that I think about it though.... I think I'm going to run like hell anyway.
          Mac

Comment

Run! Run like the wind Mac!! Can you spell Moneypit? Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

Comment

Sounds like a parts car-Damn,I hate to say that!

LaSalle,Il
              61Hawk
              60Lark
              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Maybe because im a body man it dont look that bad to me.I mean i could do the body work new metal maybe some lead work.but if you were to hire it out i can see where it would becostly to repair.my biggest cost would be interior work.i got a buddy that does chrome replating just small parts not bumpers.i wouldn't hesitate to tackle it

Comment

This 60 Hawk doesn't look bad at all. If the floor boards are good then I would say it is a very good car to restore. Have seen many 63-64 CK's in much worse condition that have been restored. Also it is all there!

If you do your own work go for it. If not even one that is twice as good will cost too much.

David L
                  David L

Comment

Keep in mind that it's got a red paint job. Maybe if it were a color with less "sex appeal", the car would not keep calling you back with its siren song. Doesn't any woman look better in a red dress?

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                    The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                    The Red-Headed Amazon
                    Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

I wouldn't be afraid to tackle that car. It looks to me pretty much unmolested. The coupe bodied Hawks are much easier to fix than the hardtop versions in the rocker panel floor area. I don't think the car in question has very serious rust issues. It does not appear to be a rust belt car. I wouldn't hesitate to offer 2500 if I were in the market. However you can buy a nice example pretty much restored or not needing a whole lot of work for a reasonable price. To some that is the way to go. What ever floats your boat. If you feel you are up to a project then go for it. Don't screw it up and then think you are going to recoup your investment. jimmijim
                      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Forget it. Definitely don't think you ought to buy it! That said, I believe that I should. Can you give them a couple hundred just for them to hold it for me till I get there?

Comment

Working...
                        X