Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avanti returns to Hope Ranch, CA - 10 years later.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti returns to Hope Ranch, CA - 10 years later.

After getting the rechromed bumpers on the Avanti, and with the Cobra
    brakes replacing the leaking old stockers .. I thought I would return
    to Hope Ranch for some new shots. After getting the car, & polishing
    out the laquer paint, I drove to Hope Ranch, and took a few shots with
    the Pacific Ocean in the background. Interestingly enough, a similar
    event happened. 10 years ago a woman came up & asked me what it was,
    last Friday, I had a woman do the same thing. No, not the same woman.

10 years ago ...

Driving around on Friday I got quite a few looks, and with the updated
    wheels, mirrors, and wheels - people had a hard time believing it was
    a 43 year old car, and a Studebaker!! At my house, I had to kids on
    bikes come up and tell me just how incredibly cool it was, & my buddy
    Mike's son (freshman in H.S.) who showed up to check out the car, said
    it was a coolest looking car he had ever seen. Quite the compliment
    from a car nut kid!

Last Friday ....

Hope you enjoy seeing these, as much as I did taking them. Once I get
    the exhaust leaks fixed, I will be able to drive the car without the
    feeling of passing out. It is a relaxing drive right now!

Tom
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Not bad! I especially like the No Parking sign. And I agree with Dave about the fender wells. But, I'm starting to kinda like the car's look. Ya know how Studes can grow on ya...
    (But mine will keep a stock look. [8D])

Comment

Not bad! I especially like the No Parking sign. And I agree with Dave about the fender wells. But, I'm starting to kinda like the car's look. Ya know how Studes can grow on ya...
      (But mine will keep a stock look. [8D])

Comment

You've won me over I like the wheels on your car! As far as the front wheelwells go they prove its a driver not a trailor queen.[8D]

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

You've won me over I like the wheels on your car! As far as the front wheelwells go they prove its a driver not a trailor queen.[8D]

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

Tom,

The more I see and read about your Avanti, the more it makes me want one. What a cool ride!!

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
            53 Starliner Hardtop
            Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Tom,

The more I see and read about your Avanti, the more it makes me want one. What a cool ride!!

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
              53 Starliner Hardtop
              Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments guys, yes I know the wheel wells could
                use some flat black paint. Its on the "list", if the darn thing would
                just cooperate mechanically, I could get to detailing it. I had to
                next day order the exhaust manifold gaskets (50 bucks shipping!) so I
                make sure I get them soon enough to get the manifold back on, and the
                car in the garage so I can polish and wax it before Friday night! The
                show I have been working all year to make is Saturday.[:0][:0]

EDIT : The "no parking" sign from "dusk til dawn" .. I left in time!

Tom
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments guys, yes I know the wheel wells could
                  use some flat black paint. Its on the "list", if the darn thing would
                  just cooperate mechanically, I could get to detailing it. I had to
                  next day order the exhaust manifold gaskets (50 bucks shipping!) so I
                  make sure I get them soon enough to get the manifold back on, and the
                  car in the garage so I can polish and wax it before Friday night! The
                  show I have been working all year to make is Saturday.[:0][:0]

Tom

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sbca96
                    Tom
                    That's good, you wouldn't want some cop to ticket your "Thunderbird".

63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                    63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Tom

63 Avanti R1 2788
                      1914 Stutz Bearcat
                      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                      63 Avanti R1 2788
                      1914 Stutz Bearcat
                      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE

Tom
                        [blue]
                        Since you brought this up again I thought that I would mention a strange, first time happening for me. On Saturday, we were at a party with about 35 people of varying age. I thought about six had some interest in cars. Through the afternoon, I showed them pictures of my '54 Starliner and '59 pickup. Nobody said Studebaker, even though I was wearing a tee shirt with Studebaker across the top and many Studebaker models pictured on it. Two did say, "nice Thunderbird" when I showed them the '54 Starliner. I don't get it and this has never happened to me before.

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY
                        1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
                        1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE

Tom
                          [blue]
                          Since you brought this up again I thought that I would mention a strange, first time happening for me. On Saturday, we were at a party with about 35 people of varying age. I thought about six had some interest in cars. Through the afternoon, I showed them pictures of my '54 Starliner and '59 pickup. Nobody said Studebaker, even though I was wearing a tee shirt with Studebaker across the top and many Studebaker models pictured on it. Two did say, "nice Thunderbird" when I showed them the '54 Starliner. I don't get it and this has never happened to me before.

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY
                          1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
                          1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

'Thunderbird'

The only reason I can see for this is the headlight rims.

Tom

Comment

'Thunderbird'

The only reason I can see for this is the headlight rims.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X