X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 39 Champion

Ain't this a pretty little thing?

Yeah, I know that car! It's been owned by an elderly couple for some years now. I have to wonder if they've gotten infirm or deceased for it to be for sale.
    Wasco, CA is about 70 miles south of me.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It's a really beautiful car and a beautiful restoration. But for me 35 Large is a bit too much for my wallet. I wonder if he'll get it.
      Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Looking under the hood - that $35 is gonna be tough to pull.[:I]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Actually,I think that 10k is what they really want(opening bid),the 35k is just a "pie in the sky" type thing.
          A few weekends of detailing under that hood and that little car would be an absolute stunner,not to mention its historic value as the very first year Champion.
          Id sure love to have it in a trailer heading east(G)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Transtar56

Actually,I think that 10k is what they really want(opening bid),the 35k is just a "pie in the sky" type thing.
            A few weekends of detailing under that hood and that little car would be an absolute stunner,not to mention its historic value as the very first year Champion.
            Id sure love to have it in a trailer heading east(G)
            I agree with Robert. (except for the trailer headed east part ). The car is worth $10k...maybe a few thousand more. If they had "snuck up" on the $10k AND did not include that scary BIN price, they probably would get their number (IF $10k is their number). These cars are a bargain. Think of what a '39-40 Ford Coupe would bring.

These first Champions were certainly a milestone car for Studebaker and perhaps a milestone car for the industry.

-Dick-
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

I was wondering what it would look like with a SBC under the hood, a Turbo 400 trans and a Ford 9" rear end. Add some 18" wheels in the back with 17" wheels up front with a nose down attitude and that car would be bitchin'! Hmmmm, maybe a flame job on the nose???

I wonder if a set of late model Bonneville SSE would fit without to much of a problem... [}]

Just kidding. I like it the way it is. It's a very pretty car and I bet it gets at least a 25K bid [)] .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
              Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
              LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
              Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
              X