This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG Studebaker Truck

I noticed that a guy who had a bunch of old trucks was clearing out the field.....little did I know that he was scrapping them!!! Anyway I asked to walk thru and found a decent old Studee. Its atleast a 1 ton if not bigger, has dual rear wheels, its a stick and has what appears to be a 2 speed rear axle, looks like it was a flat bed at some point in its life. Not sure if it will run its been setting for a LONG time. The owner said its clutch was frozen to the flywheel???? and thats why it was parked. Sheet metal on it is in suprisingly good shape, Id say its an early 50s truck. He is pretty sure he has a title. I can get pics today and can bring pics to YORK or can email them out, truck is located outside FT Loudon PA. If any intrest please call me(I dont get on the board as often as Id like) 717-749-3502(h) or 301-667-3047(c). Just trying to save the old truck, It can be bought for around $500
    Thanks
    Shawn

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

quote:Originally posted by loc8tor

I noticed that a guy who had a bunch of old trucks was clearing out the field.....little did I know that he was scrapping them!!! Anyway I asked to walk thru and found a decent old Studee. Its atleast a 1 ton if not bigger, has dual rear wheels, its a stick and has what appears to be a 2 speed rear axle, looks like it was a flat bed at some point in its life. Not sure if it will run its been setting for a LONG time. The owner said its clutch was frozen to the flywheel???? and thats why it was parked. Sheet metal on it is in suprisingly good shape, Id say its an early 50s truck. He is pretty sure he has a title. I can get pics today and can bring pics to YORK or can email them out, truck is located outside FT Loudon PA. If any intrest please call me(I dont get on the board as often as Id like) 717-749-3502(h) or 301-667-3047(c). Just trying to save the old truck, It can be bought for around $500
    Thanks
    Shawn

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????
    I love big 'ol Stude trucks (I have a 1946 1 ton), but unfortunately, there is little or no demand. They are not exactly "driveable" to any extent, they are tougher to work on than a car (some bigger and special tools required) and they are tough to store (especially under cover). I would guess this guy may have trouble GIVING it away. It's a shame because most trucks (even pick ups) were used hard and have "disapeared". It's rare to find one that is not a pile of unuseable rust. It should be saved, but it's a long shot.

-Dick-
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Unfortunately the guy will be cutting it up for scrap weight if its not bought. I looked a little closer at the truck and heres some more info(Im considering buying the truck and parting it out):
      V8, looks like it has Sweepstakes 289 stickers on Valve Covers
      5spd(may have an intrested party in the trans already)
      2spd rear axle
      hood has rust in lower lip where it meets grille, and big dent near rear,V8 emblems on sides
      fender Left better than Right both have rust in lower rear edge
      doors seem solid
      cab has rust on rear left
      left door frozen shut
      right door closes and opens nice
      dual rear wheels
      grille decent
      frt bumper nice
      glass is good
      truck has a title

I have some pics and will be printing them and taking with me to YORK on saturday, cell # 301-667-3047

Comment

quote:Originally posted by loc8tor

Unfortunately the guy will be cutting it up for scrap weight if its not bought.
        I always hate when sellers use that "threat". Nothing like a gun to the head to discourage a buyer[xx(]. He's not going to get $500 for it from the scrap dealer. Seems like he could let it go to an enthusiast for scrap value. But even then, it's going to be hard to find a buyer.

A shame.

I'll post a like to this thread over at Studebaker Truck Talk...

Tapatalk the world's leading mobile platform for building great communities online

-Dick-
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
        X