This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Champion

Hi Guys .I need help,theres a 58 champion on ebay that im interested in.Its only about 250 miles from me .What do you think is a good price to pay for it. thanks guys.

its the light blue one in arkansas

Comment

I'd be worried about the fairly recent quicky paint and interior job. Maybe $2500 if shipping is not a issue.

This one

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
      64 GT Hawk
      64 R2 4 speed Challenger
      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
      63 Daytona Convert.
      53 Street rod
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks JDP i was thinking less that that

Comment

My guesstimate is $2000 to $2500. I wonder what the body plate and build sheet say. Was this built as a taxi or fleet car. Is that floor shift original? I don't see any signs of conversion.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Floor shifter is not original. And it shouldn't have the quad headlights either.

Matthew Burnette, the 15 year old Stude nut.
            [img] http://jnautoair.com/images/yelstude2.jpg [/img]
            63 Daytona HT (my car)
            57 Silver Hawk
            51 Champ Starlight
            63 GT Hawk
            64 Commander Wagonaire
            59 Scotsman P/U
            79 Dodge Lil Red Express
            65 Triumph Spitfire
            MANY more Studes
            And a few parts cars

Comment

I think the quad lights were at least a option, not positive though.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
              64 GT Hawk
              64 R2 4 speed Challenger
              63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
              63 Daytona Convert.
              53 Street rod
              JDP Maryland

Comment

Could have been. Our 58 Champ parts car doesn't have the quads. But it has the flared out front peice that allows for it. It's kinda ugly without the quads though.

Matthew Burnette, the 15 year old Stude nut.
                [img] http://jnautoair.com/images/yelstude2.jpg [/img]
                63 Daytona HT (my car),57 Silver Hawk, 51 Champ Starlight, 63 GT Hawk,64 Commander Wagonaire,59 Scotsman P/U,56 Champ 2 door,81 Avanti II,56 Sky Hawk,65 Daytona 2 door,62 Cruiser,55 P/U(V-8)
                MANY more Studes and a few parts cars

Comment

Yes, the quad headlights were available on the '58 Champions as optional equipment.

Comment

Single headlights (in dual rims) were standard on 1958 Scotsman and Champion models. Dual headlights were optional on Champion models, but not available on Scotsman models.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

StudeGary says: " Single headlights (in dual rims) were standard on 1958 Scotsman and Champion models."

Not so Gary. I'm betting you know this anyway. Single headlights >(in dual rims)< was NOT a standard (or even optional, that I know of)issue on the '58 Scotsman cars.
                      They carried the single headlite in the same, basic fender and H/L bezel that the 57s wore.

Champions were another matter (although, by definition, a Scotsman IS a stripped Champion if you believe the designator of 58G-(W1, F1 or D1). Start adding much to a Scotsman and you defeat it's reason for being.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President 2-dr
                      1955 President State
                      1951 Champion Biz cpe
                      1963 Daytona project FS
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hi
                        It's around $1K now, I'd say about what it's worth. Anytime you see wiring and weatherstripping oversprayed as it is on that car, it's a red flag that problems are just quickly covered for a bigger resale price. And the aftermarket floor shifter and those cheap generic seatcovers, just more red flags!
                        But it is an oddity, with all the appeal that a good oddity has, something that makes me want one, just mine with the "cyclop" single headlights in the dual headlight pods to go with the ungainly fins!
                        Steve

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

StudeGary says: " Single headlights (in dual rims) were standard on 1958 Scotsman and Champion models."

Not so Gary. I'm betting you know this anyway. Single headlights >(in dual rims)< was NOT a standard (or even optional, that I know of)issue on the '58 Scotsman cars.
                          They carried the single headlite in the same, basic fender and H/L bezel that the 57s wore.

Yes, I do know better. I guess that I wrote my response too quick. Scotsman models came with single headlights in 1957 style fenders and had no option. Champion models came with single headlights in the dual/bubble style housings and dual headlights were an option.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I believe those cars were no homelier than same-year Chevy's and Fords! They just didn't make enough '58 Studes for everyone to get used to them.

Comment

Working...
                            X