This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studillacs

I was manning our Ontario and Hamilton Chapter's booth at the HUGE Canadian International Autoshow (primarily new cars), and met this very interesting fellow. His father, in the period from about 1954 to 1958 made about 5 to 6 Studillacs in Canada. (Studebaker C-K model with Cadillac motor). Apparently, he was very good at it, and they were all sold to eager customers in the U.S.

This may help to explain the non-Frick Studillacs out there. If anyone is really interested, I have the gentleman's address, but he was only about 8 years old at the time, so he didn't know too many of the details. He said he was unaware of any distinguishing marks that differentiated his dad's cars from any others, but he did remember some of the colours and models.

Boy, with close to 800,000 people through this show, SDC is sure getting some attention. I can hardly wait until next year, when we are the featured marque, and we can put in a dozen cars. Its still running this weekend, if anyone has a chance to visit. www.autoshow.ca

Paul R

Hell there were more than a dozen home built Caddy powered C-K conversions running around South Bend back in the day. It got so bad the junk yards were raising prices on their Caddy engines.
    The Drifters car club had 3 nice ones swinging a plaque in the early 60's.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    64 GT Hawk
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 Daytona Convert.
    53 Street rod
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
    X