This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 lark convertible

any info I can get. Very good car for sale, but I have no idea of the value. Is it rare? I am not trying to sale a car. I want to buy one. Just a little info please.

George Hofstetter

quote:Originally posted by ghofstetter

any info I can get. Very good car for sale, but I have no idea of the value. Is it rare?

George Hofstetter
    You're going to have to describe it in some detail and hopefully post or point us to some pictures in order to have an idea of the value. Depending upon condition and equipment, the "Old Cars Price Guide" puts it between $700 and $17,000.

They didn't make many, but "rare" generally has little to do with value. A 1958 NSU Prinz is rare, but if you find one, it's about $100.

-Dick-
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I am a new member. Never chatted or been in a forum. I want to buy this convertible, not sale a car. Need info. Thanks

George Hofstetter

Comment

You mean one like this? Evan

Evan Davis
        Prairie Bulletin
        Saskatchewan Chapter
        Prince Albert, Sk
        Evan Davis
        Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

There were 1981 convertibles built by Studebaker for the 1961 model year. That makes it fairly rare. As has been pointed out, rarity does not always equate to value/price. We would need much more information (pictures help a lot) before narrowing down a value. Right now, I would say between $500 and $10K. Is it a six cylinder or V8? What options does it have? Is it in running order with everything working? What is the condition of the body, trim and interior? The more and better information that you can provide, the better estimate of value we can provide.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks to everyone. I have never seen the car, but going to look this afternoon. It was described to me "like new" minus the engine.

George Hofstetter

Comment

Take pictures and share them with us. Make damned sure you look for rust UNDER the carpets and trunk matts. If it is totally missing it's engine, that can be remedied but it will also make a fair dent in the car's value - no matter how "new" it is.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President 2-dr
              1955 President State
              1951 Champion Biz cpe
              1963 Daytona project FS
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
              X