This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thank you to the SDC

I felt it important to comment on the recent discussion about ad's on the forum. First it's important to remember that we are on a SDC web site, and the web master is responsible for keeping order and harmony. Second, Bob did receive complains from some about for sale ad's and was asked to clarify the clubs policy, which he did. We then held what I feel was a civil discussion of the issue pro and con on this forum. More then a few of us contacted a board member and they are also discussing the issue. My point is, a rule was followed by the web master, some of us disagreed, we discussed it here and with the board, now it's up to them. Unlike the Internet, the wheels turn a little slower when broad members have to be polled by e-mail, idea's tossed around and the rest.
    I have been assured that a decision will be made on the policy in a week or so and possible updates or compromises will be posted or the rule will stand as written,. I don't know if the policy was a carry over from a old board, nor how it will all come out, but I think we need to thank the web master and the board for paying attention at the very least. They hold often thankless positions, and can't make everyone happy no matter how they try. I for one will abide with what ever the club decides knowing that they heard from and listened to the members on both sides.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    64 GT Hawk
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 Daytona Convert.
    53 Street rod

I couldn't have stated it any better. Since this is an SDC site, the rules of the club should prevail. We need to respect and abide by the rules. Otherwise we have anarchy.
    As far as I'm concerned, the SDC is a classy operation and I'm proud to be a member for 15 years.
    I have found that Studebaker people are amongst the nicest folks I've met. The discussion regarding the sale or no sale of vehicles on this site proves my point.
    Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I don't think we could ask for a more responsible webmaster than Bob. Even if we don't always agree with him I think he does his job well.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I also agree with John, Rog, and Scott. Bob's position is to enforce the rules that have been established, whether he or we agree with them or not. This is a 1st class forum, all you have to do is visit a few other similar forums and it becomes very obvious just how much class this forum really has. I would like to give "KUDOS" to Bob, for his work in maintaining that class. I would also like to give "KUDOS" to the participating members of this forum as well. We do have a good thing here, in spite of these minor bumps in the road.

Studebaker Fever
        60 Lark
        51 Champion
        Phil

Studebaker Fever
        60 Lark
        56 Power Hawk
        Phil Hendrickson
        Arnold, Missouri

Comment

Working...
        X