This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 taillight interchange

I was wondering what other models taillights would interchange with a 51 champion. Thanks

Well you could put a 52 tailite on there , using the hooded body but of coarse they are not correct for the year
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I just bought a 51 champion and the taillights are missing. I guess my question is whether the 51 had a year specific lens or if the 50 will fit. Thanks

Comment

I'm pretty sure the 51 glass is only for 51. They shouldn't be hard to find.
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Yes, the glass is 51 specific but, if you're replacing the bezel as well, you can use 50, 51 or 52.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I thought that the 1950 and 1951 tail light bezels differed in the number of screws that hold them on - 3 vs. 4 or something like that?

Here is a page at studebakerparts.com with the 1950 tail light trim:
            https://www.studebakerparts.com/stud...d=ho5sbY.a7119. I'm pretty sure the 1951 has four screws, rather than the three you'll see on that page.

By the way, the lenses they carry are not cheap, and you'll have to ask them whether they are NOS glass or plastic reproductions. But this vendor has the lenses, and Chuck Collins is a good person to buy from:
            StudebakerParts.com a company specializing in Studebaker parts for post war Studebakers and Studebaker related items

If those long and cryptic links don't work, try this one, which is a product subcategory page:https://www.studebakerparts.com/stud...amps-Lens.html

Paul Simpson
            "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
            The Red-Headed Amazon
            Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

The glasses for 50 and 51 are different in width. Glass and bezels won't interchange between the years.
              As has been said - you CAN swap whole units across the 3 years fenders (50-51-52) tho. Whole units to mean - lens, bezel and light body.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President 2-dr
              1955 President State
              1951 Champion Biz cpe
              1963 Daytona project FS
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
              X