PDA

View Full Version : Local FLAPS revenge...

64V-K7
03-16-2007, 10:49 AM
This AM, I called over to my NAPA store and asked if they had a decent six volt battery on hand. We agreed on what, why, etc, so I went over.
When I arrived, the fellow I talked to, had gone to lunch and there was one other customer, my age, paying for his stuff...
One of the counter-bots looked up and asked what I needed. I said, kind of loudly, .... "I just talked to Jerry and he said you have a six volt ,positive ground battery for me"....
The entire counter crew stopped, looked up and their faces went blank...... and they stayed like that for a while. They all started looking at each other somewhat wide-eyed...
The other customer looked at me and tried to stifle a laugh. The oldest counter guy finally realized what was going on...

Bob Johnstone
http://www.studebaker-info.org/7168422/sig2.jpg

studegary
03-16-2007, 12:58 PM
The battery doesn't care which way you ground it when you install it. The important thing is to get a battery with a high enough amp-hour rating, not the small 45 AH battery like they sell for old VW's.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)

studegary
03-16-2007, 12:58 PM
The battery doesn't care which way you ground it when you install it. The important thing is to get a battery with a high enough amp-hour rating, not the small 45 AH battery like they sell for old VW's.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)

sntsftbll
03-16-2007, 01:50 PM
I like that I bet they are still confused at the counter. Now go in and tell them you were wrong and needed a negative grounded battery and see what they say. They might be able to order you one. Make sure you don't get a group battery but a single one.

sntsftbll
03-16-2007, 01:50 PM
I like that I bet they are still confused at the counter. Now go in and tell them you were wrong and needed a negative grounded battery and see what they say. They might be able to order you one. Make sure you don't get a group battery but a single one.