This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a 56?

Found this under "other makes",seems the owner needs a little help, and so does the car.

[:I] It's a 1958 Scotsman. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

What's up with the can opener mounted under the dash--or am I seeing things?[:I]

Comment

mine is better looking with the chrome around the head lites[8D]

brent wood nh

Comment

It could be a can opener, I can't see it too well. If it was the old puncture-type can opener, I'd guess it was installed there because the car wouldn't hold oil long enough to get itself back home. So having a can opener right on the dash would be handy.

This made me think about the old oil can spouts we used for years. I still have a couple somewhere in the garage, but now with plastic bottles being the norm they've pretty much gone the way of the dodo bird.

Back in the '70's someone tried to get me to buy stock in the "American Slide Rule, 8-Track and Oil Can Spout Company". I'm glad I passed on that one, I would have lost a fortune! [xx(]

Comment

I had a look through the "other brands" on ebay. There were some interesting cars there. Kaisr, Sunbeam, and a one-off "rocket" car. I was suprised to see a Ford LTD, Chevy Chevelle, and other "regular" brands in there.

Comment

are you sur it a 58 go back a bit and look at the listing for my car tail lites and dash and driver side rear quater looks nothing like that at all and mine has no scotsman marking

brent wood nh

Comment

Avalalche, I too enjoy looking through the "other brands". You never know what you'll find there.
                Some really odd ball early brass era cars and the like.
                Saw a Kissel not long ago,it was claimed to be the ONLY one in existance.
                Can't get much rarer than that.
                Imagine going to your local FLAPS and asking for a part for one of those(G). And you know the looks we Stude guys get.

Comment

Bill-
                  This is how your 1958 is supposed to look~ your '58 has been very tastefully modified... How's that motor swap coming, BTW?

[8D]

StudeDave
                  San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
                  '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
                  '57 Commander 2dr
                  '57 Champion 2dr
                  '65 Cruiser
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Motor swap almost done thanks to all of you that have sbc in their studys fo nothing i must have sent 60 emails to every one of you that did what i am doing but thats fine because the is going to be sold as soon as i put the hood on to nite went back to the old chevys plenty of parts and no one telling me what the car should be

brent wood nh

Comment

ok do you have any pics of the motor mount to put a sbc in a stude

brent wood nh

Comment

ps i didnot buy the stude because it reminded me of a 57C H E VY i bought it becase i like it and i also bought a 62 C H E V Y carryall

brent wood nh

Comment

I have owned two Studebakers with Chevrolet V8s, but pictures wouldn't have done you any good because they were both pickups with entirely different frames. Most people on here that have Chevrolet conversions in their Studebakers have C/K bodied cars which are different from your sedan. For your car, I believe that it was mentioned to you that Myers Studebaker sells the mounts that you need and '65-'66 Studebaker sedans with V8s use Chevrolet V8s (283), which would have been another way of seeing the installation and/or obtaining parts.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                          X