This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ????

can or dose any one have pictures of a sbc mounted in a stude i thought one of you said you had done this but used a stroker 383 can you e mail me pictures please
    [?][|)]

brent wood nh

quote:Originally posted by bills 57 champion

can or dose any one have pictures of a sbc mounted in a stude i thought one of you said you had done this but used a stroker 383 can you e mail me pictures please
    [?][|)]

brent wood nh
    There are quite a few different ways to mount a Chevy in a Stude. Every one that has done it has probably done it differently. Also it would make a difference WHICH Stude it is to be mounted as well as what transmission, what steering set up, etc. Are you looking for some specific info? Here's a pic of the 327 in my '54 if that will help.

-Dick-
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Bill,

Please don't take this as mean-spirited criticism, simply constructive. But, do you think you could help us all out by coming up with a descriptive subject line next time? Doing so would be a more effective way to entice folks to read your post, and at the same time would provide a clue for those of us who quickly scan the forum topics.

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup

Paul Simpson
      "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
      The Red-Headed Amazon
      Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

350 sbc in 58 scotsmen that has a 6 in it now using th350 trans

brent wood nh

Comment

My 53 Lowey Hardtop started life as a 6 cylinder Champion (now exterior is trimmed out like a tristar V8 hardtop, and drive train is Chevrolet) so the first thing I did was change the front coil springs to new heavier duty ones (from SAS) for an eight cyl. stude.

Then I obtained and installed an old style SBC front saddle engine mount, modified and extended the rear engine mount tabs to use standard SBC rear mounts, and placed a 1/2" shim plate on the transmission mount to give the correct slant to my early Chevelle wagon drive one piece shaft, and attached it to my Camaro 4.11 Positraction rear end (replaced Chevy rear end mounts with stock Stude mounts to ease the fit and alignment). I added one cross member(early 60s Chev) with redrilled mount holes to stiffen the frame.

To cleanly clear the steering box, I used early Chevelle rear dump exhaust manifolds, and then carefully routed dual cherry bomb mufflers and stainless exhaust pipes.

I'll try to get some pics to post soon.

Regards,
          Bob (stude53)

Comment

Keep in mind that putting a SBC in a '53 hardtop (or coupe for that matter...) and a SBC in a '58 Scotsman is an apples to oranges comparison. I'll see if I can get my brother to get in touch with you- he put a 400 SBC with a 700R4 in his '59 Lark. Still not the same, but a lot closer to what you're trying to do! It could help...

[8D]

StudeDave
            San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
            '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
            '57 Commander 2dr
            '57 Champion 2dr
            '65 Cruiser
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985