Engine Info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Info?

One of our members has a question about the engine in his '64 Cruiser - what does this number on the engine block decode as?
    It's a 289 - PK310.
    Thanks for your help!

Chris Pile
    The Studebaker Special
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

A 289 built on the 10th day of October in 1963. This would have been used in a '64 model car.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

A 289 built on the 10th day of October in 1963. This would have been used in a '64 model car.

Thanks, Biggs - any idea on the K? Isn't P for 289?

Chris Pile
      The Studebaker Special
      Midway Chapter SDC
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

P is for 289, K is for October. With the debut of the '64 models, they changed the engine serialization. There were a whole bunch of 289s built on that same day that bear the same number![B)]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I get it! A 289 built on October 10th, 1963. Easy as pie!

Thanks, Biggs.

Chris Pile
          The Studebaker Special
          Midway Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
          X