Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a 50's car inside mirror fit a C-Cab?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a 50's car inside mirror fit a C-Cab?

My C-Cab came without an inside rear view mirror (the one you see in the photo of my truck at the bottom of the page is a cheap old aftermarket mirror). I bought one that fits a '55 Ford truck, but would rather go closer to "original".

Therefore, does anyone with experience in Stude trucks and cars know if either of these 1953 car mirrors will fit in the C-Cab (taking into account the angle of the windshield compared to the trim piece around the windshield to which the mirror attaches?

Here are the mirror options from '53 cars:
    short stem mirror
    long stem mirror

For angle reference, here is the inside of my truck, with angles marked:

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup

Well, I have a '55 and I have a car mirror in mine

It's probably not the most perfect fit since the base is a tad wider than the window surround, but I dont recall having problems installing it

I would assume its a long stem-- but don't really know as I just grabbed it from my stash.
    I thinks its from a '54 coupe though

Comment

Thank, CeeCab. Those options I mentioned in the first post are actually links to pages with images (although they don't look like the typical URL link - I got fancy by placing the URL in quotes after the opening "["URL in the tag, after choosing the Format Mode: Help to see how to do this).

Anyway, have a look at those images and please let me know which one is like your mirror.

Thanks,
      DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup

Paul Simpson
      "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
      The Red-Headed Amazon
      Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

From the ebay pictures- mine is the short one after all, but I can wander out to my garage and measure the stem later if you want

Comment

CeeCab,
          Easier if you just send your mirror to me, and I'll measure it myself. I promise to send it back in about thirty years.

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup

Paul Simpson
          "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon
          Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

Working...
          X