This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One incredible collection

Yesterday I saw one of the most interesting collection of cars I have ever seen in private hands. Even though about half of them weren't running and some were parts cars, it was amazing. This older fellow who lives less than an hour's drive from me has at least 120 cars, most of them Studebakers. The collection included such things as 2 Packard Hawks, more Avantis than I could remember - including 3 or 4 four doors, and also the 4 door "buck" from the factory, a 1958 Packard four door, a 1958 Studebaker 2 door hardtop, a 1953 Packard Caribbean convertible, a mid-to-late 1920s Studebaker roadster, several 1953s and 1954s in decent restorable condition, many hawks of various years in various states, an Avanti convertible, a Studebaker buggy (I got to sit in it!), 3 weasles, a couple of 1952 Starlight coupes (nice shape!), 2 1955 Speedsters (# 2 or 3 condition), a 1947 or 1948 Studebaker tow truck, a couple 1960 larks (one convertible), a 1957 Packard wagon...geez, the list goes on and on.

It was very interesting, even though some of the cars were in rough shape. Many of them were in running condition, though, and some were in very, very good shape.

They were all under cover, believe it or not, in 4 or 5 different buildings - but not heated (Brrr!). I hope to see some of the stuff again when it's warmer.

I know some will ask, but I can't give the fellow's name or anything, mainly because I don't have permission, and I'm not sure how much attention he'd be anxious to get. He also had some non-Studebaker stuff like a few Chevrolets, Cadillacs, Borgwards, 2 Huppmobiles, and even a 1927 Model T coupe, which was a survivor needing restoration, but not chopped or anything.
    He even had a Subaru Justy in his collection (!?)

It was a good Studebaker outing!!

quote:Originally posted by Scott

Yesterday I saw one of the most interesting collection of cars I have ever seen in private hands. Even though about half of them weren't running and some were parts cars, it was amazing. This older fellow who lives less than an hour's drive from me has at least 120 cars, most of them Studebakers. The collection included such things as 2 Packard Hawks, more Avantis than I could remember - including 3 or 4 four doors, and also the 4 door "buck" from the factory, a 1958 Packard four door, a 1958 Studebaker 2 door hardtop, a 1953 Packard Caribbean convertible, a mid-to-late 1920s Studebaker roadster, several 1953s and 1954s in decent restorable condition, many hawks of various years in various states, an Avanti convertible, a Studebaker buggy (I got to sit in it!), 3 weasles, a couple of 1952 Starlight coupes (nice shape!), 2 1955 Speedsters (# 2 or 3 condition), a 1947 or 1948 Studebaker tow truck, a couple 1960 larks (one convertible), a 1957 Packard wagon...geez, the list goes on and on.

It was very interesting, even though some of the cars were in rough shape. Many of them were in running condition, though, and some were in very, very good shape.

They were all under cover, believe it or not, in 4 or 5 different buildings - but not heated (Brrr!). I hope to see some of the stuff again when it's warmer.

I know some will ask, but I can't give the fellow's name or anything, mainly because I don't have permission, and I'm not sure how much attention he'd be anxious to get. He also had some non-Studebaker stuff like a few Chevrolets, Cadillacs, Borgwards, 2 Huppmobiles, and even a 1927 Model T coupe, which was a survivor needing restoration, but not chopped or anything.
    He even had a Subaru Justy in his collection (!?)

It was a good Studebaker outing!!
    Nice find, Scott. We want pictures!

-Dick-
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

C'mon, Dick. We know you really just want to see that Subaru Justy!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avalanche325

C'mon, Dick. We know you really just want to see that Subaru Justy!
        Hmmmmm....I wonder if a Commander 6 would fit in one of those ??

-Dick-
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

I forgot to add that he also has couple super hawks, what I think is a 1925 Special Six sedan needing restoration, and Cord coffin nose type sedan - factory streched a few inches.
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Dick observes - as to the Justy - "Hmmmmm....I wonder if a Commander 6 would fit in one of those"[xx(]

A 350 would be nice. You could drop one in easily ....... from about 20 feet above.[}]

The Commander 6 (with transmission) is longer than the overall length of the Justy. I'm not sure the flexible driveshaft required wouldn't have harmonic problems above 2K RPM![:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
            X