X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under coating Back in the day!!!

gezzzzzzzzzzz....

that freakin undercoating way back in the day sure is a tough S.O.B.

grnd* grind* grind* clog~ clog~ clog~.........

Under the hood it is so so dark......... I really dont wanna strip that undercoating off ...SO I am exploring different avenues.

Mirrors? but that seems like a tough deal and heavy...........

So I think i may put stainless steal and find a way to fasten it to the underside. I guess I could just paint the undercoating but that would be too easy.

How would you go about pl;acing stainless under the hood?

If I can ever find my duel carbs when you open the hood I want them to shine like the sun.

Well I'm in the process of restoring my 1950 pick-up and I stripped off all the undercoating . It really isn't that bad a job , and they sure used alot on those old trucks. I just use a propane torch and a putty knife , it comes off real easy once its softened up a little .
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

A lot of street rodders do this down here in Florida....
      If you go to a tank line that has polished stainless steel tank trailers (milk haulers, etc.) you may be able to buy a scrap piece that is too small for them but just right for you.
      That stuff it very light gauge stainless and not too bad to work with (ever trim stainless before? Wear gloves and keep Band-Aids close by[B)])..
      Personally....
      Make it run right, and stop correctly before you worry about the pretty.. Your Stude buddies will understand and help you along...
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Mr. Dan0

gezzzzzzzzzzz....

that freakin undercoating way back in the day sure is a tough S.O.B.

grnd* grind* grind* clog~ clog~ clog~.........

Under the hood it is so so dark......... I really dont wanna strip that undercoating off ...SO I am exploring different avenues.

Mirrors? but that seems like a tough deal and heavy...........

So I think i may put stainless steal and find a way to fasten it to the underside. I guess I could just paint the undercoating but that would be too easy.

How would you go about pl;acing stainless under the hood?

If I can ever find my duel carbs when you open the hood I want them to shine like the sun.
      DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
      Ocala, FL.
      '37 Coupe Express
      '37 Coupe Express Trailer
      '61 Hawk

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
      X