Inside Door Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside Door Accessories

I took the passenger door panel off to R&R new regulator yesterday,on my twice door 66 Daytona, and found a small ball pean hammer on the bottom pan. Door had never been into as it had all of the factory hole coverings, so figured that Hamilton,Ont. had same problem as South Bend. When whistle blows we're outa here. Hammer head was crusted with rust, handle was really dried out, but useable. Gonna do the drivers side tonight, can't wait to see what's in that door cavity. I do think that Hamilton used much much more undercoating than SB. Inside of outer door skin was wiped top to bottom.
    Thanks, will keep ya posted on my adventures "66".
    Kim

Remember, removing the hammer ruins the originality. Put the hammer back when you're done [)].

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Remember, removing the hammer ruins the originality. Put the hammer back when you're done [)].

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Put the hammer on ebay or list it here.
        I bet several people would love to have a gen-u-wine Studebaker tool.

63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Put the hammer on ebay or list it here.
          I bet several people would love to have a gen-u-wine Studebaker tool.

63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Cool - factory accessory toolkit! [8D]

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
            '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Cool - factory accessory toolkit! [8D]

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
              '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I wanna see a picture of the hammer!
                crusty head n all
                erin

Erin Hays
                1961 Hawk
                1962 Lark
                1963 Wagonaire

Comment

I wanna see a picture of the hammer!
                  crusty head n all
                  erin

Erin Hays
                  1961 Hawk
                  1962 Lark
                  1963 Wagonaire

Comment

You just solved a 40 year old mystery for some guy on the 1966 production line, when the next car down the line, he said to himself, "where the heck did I put that darned hammer"....

Dan Peterson
                    Montpelier, VT
                    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)
                    1962 Lark V-8 Regal Convertible
                    Dan Peterson
                    Montpelier, VT

Comment

You just solved a 40 year old mystery for some guy on the 1966 production line, when the next car down the line, he said to himself, "where the heck did I put that darned hammer"....

Dan Peterson
                      Montpelier, VT
                      1962 Lark V-8 Regal Convertible
                      Dan Peterson
                      Montpelier, VT

Comment

quote:Originally posted by dpson

You just solved a 40 year old mistery for some guy on the 1966 production line, when the next car down the line, he said to himself, "where the heck did I put that darned hammer"....
                        And he thought the bolt eating floor had grabbed it or shop gremlins had run off with it!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by dpson

You just solved a 40 year old mistery for some guy on the 1966 production line, when the next car down the line, he said to himself, "where the heck did I put that darned hammer"....
                          And he thought the bolt eating floor had grabbed it or shop gremlins had run off with it!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by kamzack

I took the passenger door panel off to R&R new regulator yesterday,on my twice door 66 Daytona, and found a small ball pean hammer on the bottom pan. Door had never been into as it had all of the factory hole coverings, so figured that Hamilton,Ont. had same problem as South Bend.

Chrysler had the same problem. My neighbor owned a 1965 Chrysler 4 door sedan since brand new. In 1968, he removed the backrest of the rear seat to install a rear speaker, and came across a tack hammer with "Property of C.C." branded in the wooden handle. In this case, it was a source of unwanted noise; every time he hit a good sized bump in the road, or a railway tracks, he got a solid "clunk-clunk" from the rear end. The Chrysler dealer he bought the car from up until that time had replaced almost everything there was to replace UNDER the car. The neighbor did mention the dealer had the rear seat bottom removed, but only when the backrest did he discover his source of irritation!!

Craig

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by kamzack

I took the passenger door panel off to R&R new regulator yesterday,on my twice door 66 Daytona, and found a small ball pean hammer on the bottom pan. Door had never been into as it had all of the factory hole coverings, so figured that Hamilton,Ont. had same problem as South Bend.

Chrysler had the same problem. My neighbor owned a 1965 Chrysler 4 door sedan since brand new. In 1968, he removed the backrest of the rear seat to install a rear speaker, and came across a tack hammer with "Property of C.C." branded in the wooden handle. In this case, it was a source of unwanted noise; every time he hit a good sized bump in the road, or a railway tracks, he got a solid "clunk-clunk" from the rear end. The Chrysler dealer he bought the car from up until that time had replaced almost everything there was to replace UNDER the car. The neighbor did mention the dealer had the rear seat bottom removed, but only when the backrest did he discover his source of irritation!!

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X