This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All finished restoring my Lark

In 1/25 scale that is! Actually, I am using this promo model (courtesy of Ebay) to help me decide which route I want to take with my Lark. I couldn't find a 63 2dr sedan so I had to go with a 62 hardtop but nevertheless it will give me a general idea on how the car will look. What I am doing is painting a car, taking pics, stripping it and trying another colour. I also have other wheel and tire combos to try. This is "Proposal #1":
    This design mimicks the Super Stock cars of the 60's. What if Studebaker decided to take part using a supercharged 289? Would the car look something like this? No frills, steel wheels, big slicks, no heavy front bumper:

What do you guys think? My Lark is going to have red interior. I am also going to see what silver and black would look like and will post those pics as well. Perhaps I would add one of those "60's style slogans" on the side etc.

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

quote:Originally posted by tstclr

What do you guys think?
    I like it! Of course you MUST install that blown 289 and a 4 speed with that look <grin>. I might be tempted to put some correct year dog dish hubcaps on it.

-Dick-
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I actually have some doggie-dish hubcaps and a spare set of "steelies" that I'll put on the car to see how they look. I also thought of putting some torque-thrust wheels on the car as well. Unforutnately I don't have a set in 1/25 scale to try out. As I posted before I was going to go for a tripower small block Chevy but a blown 289 would be way more cooler, wouldn't it? A 4 speed (or 5) is going into the car.
      Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

A very "menacing" look![:0][}] Better plan on some seat belts so you don't keep sliding forward.[xx(]

GOTTA have a bad-ass Stude 'neath the hood tho!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Ya, I think the rear end is a little too high. Cool thing about these promos is there are three wheel height options front and rear so there are lots of options for ride height.

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Working...
          X