Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SDC members are a courteous and patient bunch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDC members are a courteous and patient bunch!

Greetings, All,

It must be that most all Studebaker owners are grandparents and thus sufficiently mature and patient to not get testy about answering the same basic questions over and over. Seldom do we remind a poster what a dunce he is for not first doing a simple search and seeing this question has been answered probably fifty times in the recent past.

Glad to be a member of such a nice group.[^]

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
    PackardV8

I just figure we're all so old we don't remember the previous 50 times the the question was asked.

Comment

I just figure we're all so old we don't remember the previous 50 times the the question was asked.

Comment

What was the question again?

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

What was the question again?

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

I'm only (eek) 47 and single but find the real beauty of the forum is the way all the folks share their love of Studebakers. Whatever the question is, someone either knows or says they'll get back to you.

John Clements
            Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
            Lockleys South Australia
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I'm only (eek) 47 and single but find the real beauty of the forum is the way all the folks share their love of Studebakers. Whatever the question is, someone either knows or says they'll get back to you.

John Clements
              Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
              Lockleys South Australia
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Old ? Well, maybe so, but they have great taste, don't they?
                /H

Comment

Old ? Well, maybe so, but they have great taste, don't they?
                  /H

Comment

Old and with great taste, are we talking about day old donuts here???

Comment

Old and with great taste, are we talking about day old donuts here???

Comment

Since I'm the biggest blabbermouth here (literally maybe!), might I respond that there's been repeated questioning as to why we don't have an FAQ section on this site. Not that I don't think such a feature - resplendent with good illustrations - couldn't be of use, but I, myself, like the idea of giving pointed, personal response rather than just brushing someone off to the reference section. You know - "Go see number 4"
                        Sure, it takes time and patience - and keystrokes... but so does any friendship, marriage, whatever, that involves two people. It's getting to be an ever-more fast-paced, flies right outta the box, "I haven't GOT 5 minutes!" kinda world out there.
                        Phone robots uncaringly direct you to this option and that voicemail box or what have you. It's infuriating in an increasingly impersonal world.
                        Then one comes here - with an worriesome question (maybe a arguably "silly" question to us "experts") about left-hand threads on a Studebaker brake hub/drum assy.... will the car drive crooked if I don't go back original with these???
                        We can welcome them and refer them to FAQ #4 or we can show some interest and accomodation. Which would you rather experience if you were the one asking?
                        I confess, I've slacked off a bit on trying to field every question I feel I might be able to answer (and I don't even PRETEND to know all the answers!). There's lots more experts here now than there was 2 years ago. Some of them have even BECOME "experts" thru involvement here! Such a deal! We're passing on the torch of insights peculiar to our beloved marque.
                        Between that and making a concerted effort to do more AWAY from this keyboard, I'll let the new "techs" carry on the tradition.
                        Still, we need to CONTINUE to be patient and helpful here lest we become like the parts store jerks we've been lamenting in another thread!
                        "Sorry pal! If FAQ #4 didn't do it for ya, we ain't got time."[8]

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Since I'm the biggest blabbermouth here (literally maybe!), might I respond that there's been repeated questioning as to why we don't have an FAQ section on this site. Not that I don't think such a feature - resplendent with good illustrations - couldn't be of use, but I, myself, like the idea of giving pointed, personal response rather than just brushing someone off to the reference section. You know - "Go see number 4"
                          Sure, it takes time and patience - and keystrokes... but so does any friendship, marriage, whatever, that involves two people. It's getting to be an ever-more fast-paced, flies right outta the box, "I haven't GOT 5 minutes!" kinda world out there.
                          Phone robots uncaringly direct you to this option and that voicemail box or what have you. It's infuriating in an increasingly impersonal world.
                          Then one comes here - with an worriesome question (maybe a arguably "silly" question to us "experts") about left-hand threads on a Studebaker brake hub/drum assy.... will the car drive crooked if I don't go back original with these???
                          We can welcome them and refer them to FAQ #4 or we can show some interest and accomodation. Which would you rather experience if you were the one asking?
                          I confess, I've slacked off a bit on trying to field every question I feel I might be able to answer (and I don't even PRETEND to know all the answers!). There's lots more experts here now than there was 2 years ago. Some of them have even BECOME "experts" thru involvement here! Such a deal! We're passing on the torch of insights peculiar to our beloved marque.
                          Between that and making a concerted effort to do more AWAY from this keyboard, I'll let the new "techs" carry on the tradition.
                          Still, we need to CONTINUE to be patient and helpful here lest we become like the parts store jerks we've been lamenting in another thread!
                          "Sorry pal! If FAQ #4 didn't do it for ya, we ain't got time."[8]

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I once, politely but tersely, responded to a question I thought had been asked at least three times in the previous month with the suggestion to use the "SEARCH" function.

I had had a frustrating day, and my real thought at the moment was "Dunderhead,use the tools you've got."

Well, there was a time when I knew absolutely nothing about changeing spark plugs, let alone restoring Studebakers. What I needed then-and received-was quick assistance and encouragement.

The best advice I got was to join SDC and purchase service manuals and parts catalogs. If I have the answer, but not the patience, I let others respond.

More than once in the future, I will be the dunderhead.
                            Brad Johnson,
                            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I once, politely but tersely, responded to a question I thought had been asked at least three times in the previous month with the suggestion to use the "SEARCH" function.

I had had a frustrating day, and my real thought at the moment was "Dunderhead,use the tools you've got."

Well, there was a time when I knew absolutely nothing about changeing spark plugs, let alone restoring Studebakers. What I needed then-and received-was quick assistance and encouragement.

The best advice I got was to join SDC and purchase service manuals and parts catalogs. If I have the answer, but not the patience, I let others respond.

More than once in the future, I will be the dunderhead.
                              Brad Johnson,
                              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                              X