Clear All

• Breather tube for OV6

I have a 64 commander Ov6 with ca smog setup on it
    I would like to get breather tube for the side of the block
    & restore it to the way it came from the factory
    any one have one.
    John

John,

I wasn't sure so I looked it up in the parts book. What it shows is that ALL '64 6s had the PCV valve on them. '63s too. What I'm saying is that '64s didn't come from the factory with the simple road draft tube. It was thru '62 that the 6s had the old road draft tube. I'm thinking one COULD be retro-fitted although a PCV setup is better for your engine.
    If your '64 has the original valve cover ("side cover" , if you will), you'll also need the companion side cover that accepts the '62 & earlier draft tube. Part# 534890
    Thing is, the draft tube might interfere with the full-flo oil filter. Not really sure here as it's not something I've dealt with in the past[B)]
    Maybe Dwain or Bob Palma can comment.

Thinking about it more (trying to visualize it), you could maybe use the side cover in such a way that the larger port (where the draft tube inserts) could possibly be mounted to the front of it's seat and thereby the draft tube might clear the oil filter.[:I]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

thanks
      Bob
      I never realized the pvv valves were in use at that time
      even though I should have,
      thanks again
      John

Comment

Working...
      X