PDA

View Full Version : 5 bad words

sntsftbll
03-14-2007, 07:54 PM
I am finding out the hard way there are 5 words you absolutely can't say to someone who is doing work for you on your Stude. I have a couple of things I shipped out to have someone do. 1 was my king pins they needed some machine work done. 2 were my seat springs, they are getting rebuilt too. The machine shop has had my stuff for at least 3 weeks, and the spring guy has had them for about 5-6 weeks. Now the spring guy told me 4-6 weeks but the machine guy said a few days. Seat springs are done but it is taking him at least a week to even get them to UPS so they can bring them to me, Why?[?] I dunno. The machine guy told my Dad he would have my stuff done next month...next month? Of course the Model T valves my dad dropped off TODAY to get cut are going to be done TOMORROW, what?[?]
I made the mistake of saying those 5 words that need to be stricken from my vocabulary "I AM IN NO HURRY"[:0]So I know it is all my fault and I have only myself to blame. Good thing is my truck will be another year antiquer:D before I get them all back.

Pckstude
03-15-2007, 10:49 AM
That will teach ya for trying to be a nice guy. lol Been there, done that, learned the hard way. From now on it has to be done tomorrow. Right?

Pckstude
03-15-2007, 10:49 AM
That will teach ya for trying to be a nice guy. lol Been there, done that, learned the hard way. From now on it has to be done tomorrow. Right?

rockne10
03-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Six good words: How soon will it be done?

Brad Johnson
Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/rockne10/51x2.jpg'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight

rockne10
03-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Six good words: How soon will it be done?

Brad Johnson
Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/rockne10/51x2.jpg'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight

sntsftbll
03-15-2007, 09:14 PM
I like the new words much better, going to find a mirror and practice saying them. In fact combining both of you I will now say " How soon will it be done tomorrow"
Thanks for the advice

sntsftbll
03-15-2007, 09:14 PM
I like the new words much better, going to find a mirror and practice saying them. In fact combining both of you I will now say " How soon will it be done tomorrow"
Thanks for the advice

55s
03-15-2007, 10:47 PM
We all know that time and speed cost money. It makes sense to say I can wait.

But realistic schedules are also important. Tha;s why deadlines are important.

I do know that when something sits around at a shop for ages, someone is going to pay for storage, and something is going to get lost or misplaced.

Set reasonable time limits, with reasonable reasons for delays, and if they areb't met, then get your stuff outta there.

Paul

55s
03-15-2007, 10:47 PM
We all know that time and speed cost money. It makes sense to say I can wait.

But realistic schedules are also important. Tha;s why deadlines are important.

I do know that when something sits around at a shop for ages, someone is going to pay for storage, and something is going to get lost or misplaced.

Set reasonable time limits, with reasonable reasons for delays, and if they areb't met, then get your stuff outta there.

Paul