This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet recommendations? (AFB)

Anyone got a good combination of jets and rods that they like with a modern AFB? I have a Weber-made 9605S which I believe is an aftermarket 600cfm unit on my '55 and it's too rich. I was running it on the '62 and it seemed OK but the '55 is unhappy with it for some reason. JP had an older AFB sitting on the shelf off of a 300ci Buick I think? I bolted that on and it felt much better, although I can't use that carb for real because there's no choke (undoubtedly we stole the parts for something at some point in time...) and my Weber is clean and pristine (and the price was right, IIRC,) so I'd like to keep it on there.

ISTR this was discussed before, anyone know who posted about this?

thanks!

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop

Here you go Nate....
    (Took me a bit to find it online)

Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by N8N

Anyone got a good combination of jets and rods that they like with a modern AFB? I have a Weber-made 9605S which I believe is an aftermarket 600cfm unit on my '55 and it's too rich. I was running it on the '62 and it seemed OK but the '55 is unhappy with it for some reason. JP had an older AFB sitting on the shelf off of a 300ci Buick I think? I bolted that on and it felt much better, although I can't use that carb for real because there's no choke (undoubtedly we stole the parts for something at some point in time...) and my Weber is clean and pristine (and the price was right, IIRC,) so I'd like to keep it on there.
    ISTR this was discussed before, anyone know who posted about this?
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
    X