This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on the Post Office Plaques

Today I visited my local post office. I rarely go there since it is not as convenient as the one near where I work. While waiting in line what should my wonderous eyes spy but a car plaque with all the '50's sports car stamps mounted under the picture of a......... no not Studebaker but T-Bird. Ok I think they should be able to help me order the one with the '53 Staliner right. Well, no the gal tried hard and she finally went and talked to the Postmaster who told her that the plaques/pictures and shipped in radomly. They have no way of ordering one thing or the other. However she said why not go to a neighboring post office that has an on-site Post Office store where they sell this kind of thing in larger volumes. So I truck off 20 miles to this Post Office, (Havre de Grace, MD). I get in line for the store and there again is the same T-Bird w/ stamps framed picture/plaque. I get to the front and said how can I get the one with the Studeabaker? She said that I would need to check with the Postmaster next Tues. when he got back from holiday break. However, another gal standing near the one that was helping me said let me check we have a catalog for this kind of stuff.

She comes back with the catalog and we finally find the '50's cars but only the T-bird version listed. She said she would check with the Postmaster to see if he knew how to get anything else. These plaques are made by Postmark Gallery and are sold through the post office, but they are not a owned by the post office. She said he would need to order 3 to get 1. I said if he could get Studebakers I would take 3 myself. I went ahead and got the T-Bird one anyway since it was a bird in the hand, so to speak.

I will keep everyone posted if the Postmaster can find out anything.

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT

Hey .I checked with my post office today . The girl said it was part of there 50s collection. she got out the catalog too. she asked the postmaster n she said because of the rate hike beginning Jan. 8 06 the stamps n plaques were not being reproduced any more. but she is going to check other area offices n see if shwe can find any. if i get any extra i will post n send ya a set . I ordered stamps plaues n key rings.

Comment

My local Post Office suggested I try the USPS website for ordering info..... might be worth a try.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

You can try the website but you won't find much there. I also called their 800 number and they were clueless.

Dan White
        64 R1 GT
        64 R2 GT
        Dan White
        64 R1 GT
        64 R2 GT
        58 C Cab
        57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Try the post office store at the Palisades Mall in West Nyack, New York. Went there yesterday & picked up the whole set. They had 4 more of each left. Going to look for frames this weekend. The # is 845-727-4081...

Comment

Working...
          X