This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker museum and its website

Well hopefully the wrath of some members has died down by now, but in any case I have some news. The SNM will be updating its website in January and completely re-doing it. When I was complaining about the slowness of the site to keep up to date, the museum was in fact having difficulties with the site and the developer. Apparently it was intended to be better, but things went wrong somewhere. It's still behind schedule by many weeks, but it will be changing for the better. I did notice that it took until near the end of the first week of December for the picture of the old building to be replaced with the rendering (still not a real picture, mind you) of the new building.
    Anyway, my threat/promise to try to join the ranks of the SNM board of trustees can't be fulfilled unless I move myself and my family to the South Bend area, since trustees must be present to vote and meetings are held in St. Joseph county.

I have offered to help in other ways, so we'll see what happens. It seems the same issues I complained about were valid and shared, in part, by the museum, but there were complicating factors apparently not completely under their control.

Thanks for your update Scott. And I appreciate your concilliatory edge a bit too. Reminds me of newsman, Paul Harvey's line: "And now you know the REST of the story."

Like you, I'd noted the drawing instead of a photo - well after we'd seen photos of the grand opening here. Maybe we can view it as being in keeping with Studebaker's own history. What comes to mind is the engineering gaff with the debut of the highly touted 1953 models. Studebaker lost sales over that screw-up.
    Of course, the museum will be there for eons. It can only get better as time goes on. I'm looking forward to my first visit!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
    X