This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 C-Cab wing vents

Seems I don't know my pick-up as well as I tought I did. Did the leading chrome edge of these trucks windows roll down with the glass? If so then I need more parts then I originally thought. I will also need the mentioned chrome part as well as the wing vent assembly.

Parts Chaser

Do you have the door window glasses or regulators?[:I]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I found some of the parts you need. I've got a pair of vent window assemblies - one needs new glass. I found a pair of door window channels and one guide ("Run", if you like) and one stainless front glass edge - passenger's side, I think. E-mail me for prices.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by fireguy

Did the leading chrome edge of these trucks windows roll down with the glass? If so then I need more parts then I originally thought. I will also need the mentioned chrome part as well as the wing vent assembly.
        Yep:

Dave's Place
        Studebaker Emporium
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Nice, Dave. In that last photo, the chrome eyebrow makes your truck look like it's alive and looking at us.

As for the wing vents, I'm sure you will appreciate this page on the Studebakerparts.com site. Go for the link on the truck vent window seals, provided for us all by our own Gary Ash.

Paul Simpson
          "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon
          Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DilloCrafter

Nice, Dave. In that last photo, the chrome eyebrow makes your truck look like it's alive and looking at us.
            It is.

Dave's Place
            Studebaker Emporium
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

I found some of the parts you need. I've got a pair of vent window assemblies - one needs new glass. I found a pair of door window channels and one guide ("Run", if you like) and one stainless front glass edge - passenger's side, I think. E-mail me for prices.
              There ya go! Mr. Biggs can help you put Humpty back together again!

Dave's Place
              Studebaker Emporium
              sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
              X