This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for Avanti bucket seat

My 63 Avanti's driver seat is broken to the point i think another seat is necessary. Anyone out there have seats for sale?

Would these help? :

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

What broke? They are pretty simple pieces to repair.

R2 R5388

Comment

The fiberglass is broken in multiple places. The lip mating surface of the upper and lower seat have lots of missing chunks and although Im sure I can fix it with fiberglass cloth and resin,the time and effort to do this will not be worth it unless I just cant find a better seat to start with. The bottom seat foam is also turning to powder. I think I can save the upholstery with some patch pieces installed by a professional. Ive not seen the Turquoise covers advertised by anyone. The seat frames on ebay are an option but it still leaves me needing some foam cushions and I can see the price of a completed seat exceeding the cost of a good used complete seat, or seats.
        Chris

Comment

foam is easy to get, google on seat foam.
          from what I can tell, and from other foam (non-auto, no-seat) experience, you can shape the foam pieces using an electric knife with razor blade fine work. Use foam adhesive to attach everything together.

I will be taking my seats apart soon. Driver's side has something broke. Hoping it is in the metal part, Brother in Law has a welder and an itch to weld.....

Comment

Working...
          X