This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Post office offering!

Wow! This is cool. If you remember awhile back - I wrote about the neat plaque I got from the local post office that features the Studebaker stamp artwork on it. Well, they've gone one better.
    I went in to the PO today to get a money order for some stuff I got off ebay. The gal I usually deal with was excited to tell me that she'd saved me something that they'd recently gotten in. I thought maybe it was another plaque or maybe one of the key fobs but instead it's this neat piece of artwork that's accompained by a first day cover on a special envelope and all in a mat and ready to frame. $20 dollars later I was headed home with it.
    Pretty cool of her to remember me and my mania for Studebakers.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS

I see you took that orange shag carpeting off of your walls

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup

Paul Simpson
    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Wow! This is cool. If you remember awhile back - I wrote about the neat plaque I got from the local post office that features the Studebaker stamp artwork on it. Well, they've gone one better.
      I went in to the PO today to get a money order for some stuff I got off ebay. The gal I usually deal with was excited to tell me that she'd saved me something that they'd recently gotten in. I thought maybe it was another plaque or maybe one of the key fobs but instead it's this neat piece of artwork that's accompained by a first day cover on a special envelope and all in a mat and ready to frame. $20 dollars later I was headed home with it.
      Pretty cool of her to remember me and my mania for Studebakers.
      <h4>Pretty neat!!

Same car here on one of my Loewy prints...

-Dick-</h4>
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Yup, That carpet shor looks gud inside my 58 Provincial tho![^]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I have been using the studie stamps for my special christmas cards but I need one of those prints!
          I will have to go to my small town post office tomorrow to see if they can get me one!

Rick
          50 Champion
          60Lark
          63 Hawk

Comment

The item number on the wrapper of this thing is 23176934 in case your Post Office pleads ignorant - which I guess alot of them do! We got good folks workin' in our office tho!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks for the pic and info, Bob! It's on my 'Santa's list' now!

Comment

Mr. B,
                Thanks for filling us in. I'm going to my local P.O. to see if I can get one of those posters.
                Nice job.
                Rog
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

By the way, you can also order the Studebaker stamp key chain and lapel pins at www.usps.com.

Comment

Our post office in Casper, WY doesn't have anything with this number.
                    The key chains are also on backorder throught the USPS website.

Bentlee
                    61 Hawk

Brent Lee
                    61 Hawk

Comment

Brent, boy I spent a fair amount of time this morning, trying to get this item to reveal itself on the USPS websites. [8] It's not there! Not it or the others I saw hanging on the post office wall the other day (the T-bird and the Kaiser Darrin editions).
                      I've got to go back to the PO today. I'll ask and see how they got them.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President 2-dr
                      1955 President State
                      1951 Champion Biz cpe
                      1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Brent, boy I spent a fair amount of time this morning, trying to get this item to reveal itself on the USPS websites. [8] It's not there! Not it or the others I saw hanging on the post office wall the other day (the T-bird and the Kaiser Darrin editions).
                        I've got to go back to the PO today. I'll ask and see how they got them.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe
                        1957 President 2-dr
                        1955 President State
                        1951 Champion Biz cpe
                        1963 Daytona project FS
                        I wrote the PO an eMail when Biggs posted his "score" last week. They provided me a phone number to order what I described. I called the number. The PO employee that answered the phone said she didn't know anything about the part number Biggs provided or the product by the description I gave her AND that they ONLY sold stamps over the phone anyhow. I passed this info on in my response to the eMail reply I rcd from the PO. No answer (not sure I expected one).

Do you think the PO would stay in biz if they had competition? I wonder what the price of first class postage would be if products like this were actually marketed and sold by the PO.

If you find out a way to order, Mr. Biggs, plz pass it on.

Thanks,
                        -Dick-
                        Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

I tried when the plaques were announced to find them and the gal at the PO tried and failed to find anything. She gave me a Phone number and website, both were useless. I think this stuff is being done out of the back of the local PO for some extra bucks for the employees, sure does not seem to be anything there.

Dan White
                          64 R1 GT
                          64 R2 GT
                          Dan White
                          64 R1 GT
                          64 R2 GT
                          58 C Cab
                          57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Maybe when they raise their rates again next year, they'll think more clearer..

Comment

My "contact" at the post office wasn't there today The young feller that I dealt with seemed bothered that I asked him about it. I could have understood if there'd been a long line a-waiting, but there wasn't.[8]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe
                              1957 President 2-dr
                              1955 President State
                              1951 Champion Biz cpe
                              1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

Working...
                              X