This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Starlite Coupe

Am restoring the above.Does anyone know of modern Guages,gas,oil,water etcthat will fit behind existing dash?

SORRY I COULD NOT PULL PICTURE UP TOM, BUT IF YOUR BUILDING A STREET ROD THERE ARE SEVERAL WAYS YOU CAN GO. IF LOOKING FOR ORIGINAL THERE IS SEVERAL STUDEBAKER VENDERS WHERE YOU CAN FIND THEM. CHAMP

Comment

Tom, there seems to be a WEALTH of NOS gages for the 50 models. Maybe that has to do with the fact that it was their hottest postwar year, saleswise.
      Get new gages, get a voltage reducer/regulator from Ron Francis Wiring and they should work just fine even if you're going to 12 volts negative ground.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I recently picked up two sets of gauges from ebay for my 50 champ. They're
        certainly not new looking, but they work and have ... uh...
        charming patina? Anyway, they were cheap, and they do come up on ebay
        pretty often.

Comment

After you've rounded up those NOS gauges Mr.Biggs is talking about (they really are out there), if you haven't already converted to 12 volt,consider installing a 6 volt alternator instead. You will be reversing the polarity of the car to negative ground, but You won't need to modify any accessory except the radio (new vibrator) and you'll have PLENTY of juice for lights, etc. Install a 6 to 12 inverter for specific 'new' stuff you may want to install, like a sound system.

51 Commander State Sedan
          Butler PA

Comment

Working...
          X