This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in the Cleveland area?

Got a fellow Stude nut near here who's considering buying a project car that's near Cleveland. Anyone interested in checking it out???

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS

Gee Biggsy I'm about 60 miles from there and would go for you but by roads its probablt 300 miles ! damn lake [}]
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

where near Cleveland? I am about 60 miles from there, with no lake in the way. If I can find the time, maybe I could look it over.

Comment

Thanks to both of you! Even if it means 2R5 needs a Weasel to do the 60 mile route.[xx(]
        Tony, I'll find out and get back to you. I was hoping this fella (his name's Kurt) would join us here but he's awfully busy with his high-mileage occupation (selling auto glass and supplies up and down the west coast) and a new 2-year old at home.
        I spoke to him last night but it was about getting some window channel for my 58 and I never pressed him for the exact location of the prospective project in Ohio. I'll find out tho. Maybe our helping him will spur him to join us here. Kurt's been a LONG-time Stude nut and has helped me out in the past.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I really wonder what he found in the Cleveland area, the homeland of rust, that he couldn't find a better example of in his travels up and down the West coast (plus he has to factor in shipping).
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The car's in Mentor OH if that means anything to you, tony. Would that be something you'd be willing to deal with?[:I]

Gary, this is a 40-something Starlight coupe that has supposedly had alot of work poured into it and then the owner had to give it up.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yahoo maps tells me Mentor is 98 miles from me, I am south and west of Cleveland, Mentor is northeast (nice lakefront property). Is anyone else out there closer than me? I can try, but I don't know if I can find time to do that roadtrip anytime in the next month.

Comment

Yeah, that's quite a trip. Let's hope someone willing lives closer.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President 2-dr
                1955 President State
                1951 Champion Biz cpe
                1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

Working...
                X