This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Vintage Studebaker Pictures

Okay, After seeing the other neat pictures and since I got a better scanner, I decided to share some of my old family photos that have studebakers in them. My Family mostly was from south bend, and most of them had worked for studebaker since the wagon days.

The above picture was taken 1946 or so, That is my late mother standing infront of the car. That 1941 Champion was a wedding gift from my great-grandfather (who also worked at stude) when my grandparents had gotten married in 1941. Thiis picture was taken in South Bend's potawatomi park.

The Above Photo was taken in 1947-48 and shows my grandparents almost new 47 Stude Champion and my grandmother standing in front of it.

The Above photo was taken in 1960 in front of my grandparents house, that is my aunt Gail running down the sidewalk. That is my grandfathers 55 stude parked there.

The above picture shows my great-uncle Ben Blacharski who worked at Studebaker, and he is the guy responcable for my extensive stash of Studebaker parts his sticky fingers brought home from work. He died from complications of TB in the early 60's. The reason I'm enclosing this picture is note the background: that is Edwards iron works in South Bend who made all the flatbeds for Studebaker trucks and also many other forgeings for studebaker.

After seeing these pictures you probally now know why I like studebaker so much - its just in my blood.
    Kent Fedor
    SDC Member Reed City, Michigan

Great pictures and a great heritage Kent.

Comment

Kent,

I just recently joined the Forum and am working my way back through the posts for items of interest. Thanks for sharing your family photos with us. I have some of my family and their cars, but no scaner yet.

Regards,
      Bob (stude53)

Comment

Working...
      X