X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member with 1960 Hawk

The numbers mean this:

60V = 1960 V8 car
    35829 = 34,829th V8 car made by Studebaker in that year (includes V8 Larks as well)
    (The first V8 car for 1960 was serialized as 60V-1001)

60V-C6

60V = 1960 V8 car
    C = Pillard Coupe body
    6 = Hawk series
    513 = 513th 60V-C6 body tub welded together. Not necessarily the 513 Hawk built.

P = 289cu.in. engine
    70876 = a 289 of the the 1960 year model run.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hi, I have a 1960 Canadian built Hawk, but it has a 63 engine 259/auto.
      Id go with the 205's, 235's are way to big.
      But then you don't have stock rims right?

Comment

Right on the non-stock rims. They are wire rims. I was told by the guy I traded from that he was told by the original owner that he ordered them from the dealer with these rims. BUT I can not find them listed in the parts catalog. Thanks Harry
        quote:Originally posted by Transtar56

Hi, I have a 1960 Canadian built Hawk, but it has a 63 engine 259/auto.
        Id go with the 205's, 235's are way to big.
        But then you don't have stock rims right?

Comment

Welcome to the club. You have joined the club... right?[:I] Just owning the car kind of includes you. Might as well join all the way and get the best deal of the century!
          Anyway, welcome and I hope that really neat car of yours[8D] brings miles of smiles!!

Lotsa Larks!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

What I can tell you is that you have an early '60 model. My '60 Hawk (60V47111 body #2187), was built in April of 1960. Production of the 60 Hawk, I believe, began in February. Your lower S/N, and very low body number means an early production date. I recommend you get the production order for your car to see what options it was built with. You can get it thru the SNM gift shop.

Comment

Thanks Actually i joined the club first and then the forum. I have beenn wanting a Hawk since I was a tenager and that has been a long time. Harry

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

Welcome to the club. You have joined the club... right?[:I] Just owning the car kind of includes you. Might as well join all the way and get the best deal of the century!
              Anyway, welcome and I hope that really neat car of yours[8D] brings miles of smiles!!

Lotsa Larks!
              Ron Smith

Comment

Thanks great information I will get the production order. Harry

quote:Originally posted by StudHawk60

What I can tell you is that you have an early '60 model. My '60 Hawk (60V47111 body #2187), was built in April of 1960. Production of the 60 Hawk, I believe, began in February. Your lower S/N, and very low body number means an early production date. I recommend you get the production order for your car to see what options it was built with. You can get it thru the SNM gift shop.

Comment

I think the 60 Hawks are the best looking of all,and heres why.
                  They finally took those turn/park lights off the fender tops and put them were they look so much better in the grille.
                  It has the one piece driveshaft.
                  The trim on the fins looks a lot "cleaner" than the 61's to me anyway.

Comment

You might be interested in 1960 Hawk production figures. There were 227 six cylinder and 4280 V8 cars. Some export cars had 259 cubic inch V8s and all the rest of the V8s were 289s. You have one of 4507 made. The only Hawk years with lower production are 1961 and 1964.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                    X