This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet !

This looks as nice as Gary Ash's truck, but why with one as nice as this wouldn't the seller take some nice big pictures?

Well Robert, look at the seller's feedback count. I'd say they've got a bit to learn yet.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Well Robert, look at the seller's feedback count. I'd say they've got a bit to learn yet.
      What Sir Biggs said.

Nice truck! Looks like he would have researched ebay listings a little more before jumping in and listing it, but we all learn at our own pace. I think the truck is nice enough, and his description, as brief as it is, will cause folks to ask questions, and he might do OK with it.

I, on the other hand, probably go overboard. But, It is important to me that folks know what they are bidding on, i.e.:

Dave's Place
      Studebaker Emporium
      sigpic
      Dave Lester

Comment

looks like you're doing all right so far, Dave. I'd be happy with either vehicle myself, although Dave's listing would make me feel much more confident bidding...

nate

--
        55 Commander Starlight
        62 Daytona hardtop
        --
        55 Commander Starlight
        http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude
          I, on the other hand, probably go overboard. But, It is important to me that folks know what they are bidding on, i.e.:
          Nice car, Dave!...and I like your stone house also. Good idea with those nasty tornados that occationally blow through that area...and the drawbridge must help keep out the rif raf <g>.

-Dick-
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:I like your stone house also. Good idea with those nasty tornados that occationally blow through that area...and the drawbridge must help keep out the rif raf <g>.
            "This Casa is not my Casa."

Dave's Place
            Studebaker Emporium
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

I think the reason for the small pictures is that the seller is offering a 1/24th scale die cast M Series truck.

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup

Paul Simpson
              "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
              The Red-Headed Amazon
              Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

Nice car dave . I wish mine was that far along i'd be driving it every where. I bet i get more looks than my NOVA SS does.[8D]

Comment

That M5 is very nice, and so is your GT, Dave. I think you will do well on it. Very nice presentation, other than you won't sell to Canada

I already have a GT, but yours is definitely nicer than mine.

Good luck to you, and to the gal that's selling the M5. Both vehicles deserve to fetch some serious coin, IMHO.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
                  Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Great Job, Dave! Great car too![:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President 2-dr
                    1955 President State
                    1951 Champion Biz cpe
                    1963 Daytona project FS
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The M5 truck for sale is in Halstead, Kansas. The one Studebaker guy I know of in Halstead is Vern Ediger. Vern is a good guy, runs a garage (E&V Motors) and has about 150 Stude cars and trucks out back that he parts out. I bought many sheet metal and mechanical parts from him, all excellent rust-free stuff. Vern even shipped me the complete bed for my M5, as well as a door and some fenders. He knows his Studes, and the truck for sale looks first rate, even if he and Ruth could use some help on the Ebay listings. Vern had a bullet nose on Ebay recently, too. I don't know why he is selling off his superb collection. I'm surprised the truck didn't sell the first time around, but we may be seeing what the real market prices are. There aren't many post-war Studebakers selling for over $20,000, and few top $15,000. Moral: don't spend big money on Stude restorations if you are looking to make a profit!

Gary Ash
                      Dartmouth, MA
                      '48 M5
                      '65 Wagonaire Commander
                      '63 Wagonaire Standard
                      Pictures and stories of Studebaker cars and trucks, including 1965 Wagonaire, 1963 Wagonaire, 1953 Commander Starliner, and 1948 M5 half-ton pickup truck. Test drive the Wagonaire. Stereo sound from 1965 music. Cars owned by Gary Ash, Dartmouth, Mass.
                      Gary Ash
                      Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
                      ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
                      '48 M5
                      '65 Wagonaire Commander
                      '63 Wagonaire Standard
                      web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

Working...
                      X