This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the board.

I didn't know if people like to do a intro on this board(alot of other boards do)
    At the moment I do not own a Studebaker.I love these cars though. I grew up around my father and grandfather who were/are huge fans Of Studebaker. I have owned two, a 50 Starlight and 55 Commander coupe.Someday I would like to get another one.Right now I'm "stuck" with a 53 Ford.
    Anyway I look forward to learning,talking and just enjoying this board.
    Sean

quote:Anyway I look forward to learning,talking and just enjoying this board.
    Welcome aboard,Sean! Pull up a chair and get acquainted!

Dave's Place
    Studebaker Emporium
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Welcome as long as you are stuck with and not by, you are allright. Last of the flatheads, I prefered the 54's myself but!

Comment

welcome, Sean!

Can't be considered a newbie if you've owned the best marque before.

Being "stuck with a 53 Ford" is leagues better than being stuck with just about anything anyone made in the last three decades. Don't be suprised to find help on this forum for your Ford, if you ask nice.

That said, We would love to help you get back behind the wheel of something truly profound.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Welcome to the forum! If you ever want to buy a Studebaker, here's a good place to start.

Matthew Burnette; the world's most
          dedicated 15 year old Stude nut!
          [img] http://jnautoair.com/images/yelstude2.jpg [/img]
          1963 Daytona HT
          lots more Studes
          and a few parts cars

Comment

Sean,
            Let me add my welcome to the Stude Forum. Don't apologize for the '53 Ford. They're nice cars. A friend of mine drives a '53 convertible and it's really nice.
            I hope you can get back into the Stude hobby. Judging from what you said, you already have a head start.
            Rog

'59 Lark Regal Hardtop
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Welcome aboard, Sean.

I went to an estate sale two weeks ago. Amongst the items offered was a 53 Ford victoria hardtop! It was all there with lotsa extra stuff. Seller was trying to get a Grand for the whole mess. I looked at it, came home and checked ebay to see what prices were and decided to pass.
              While the car for sale was fairly solid, it needed EVERYTHING redone. And even tho I learned to drive in a 54 Ford, I'm a Stude guy thru and thru!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President 2-dr
              1955 President State
              1951 Champion Biz cpe
              1963 Daytona project FS
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:And even tho I learned to drive in a 54 Ford, I'm a Stude guy thru and thru!
                You learned to drive in a WHAT? [:0]

All I can say is... [:0]
                [}]

Dave's Place
                Studebaker Emporium
                sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

WELCOME aboard SEAN. Im new here too i got a 61 hawk being shipped from calif. i leaerned to drive in a 55 ford. im looking forward to restoring the hawk . i've restored about every thing else now im going to do a STUDE. AND THESE GUYS ARE GREAT HERE JUST ASK THEM ANY THING IT S LIKE OPENING AN ENCYCLOPEDIA N REAding. if these guys dont know it it aint been done yet. [8D]

Comment

Thanks everyone for welcoming me here! I like my Ford, Studes are just better.
                    Sean
                    Orlando FLA

Comment

I learned to drive in my grandmas Hudson.The one car I wish I still had is my 57 Ford,2 dr ht.[it was black and white,my first wife said it looked like a skunk,but she was really disappointed when i sold it] Welcome to the board!!!

Home of the Almostahawk
                      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Welcome to the forums Sean, also a newbie to SDC myself.
                        You will find great satisfaction here from these knowledgable
                        guru's. Learned to drive?--1939 Hupmobile Ok I'm a geezer.
                        Cheers

'49 Champion Starlight Coupe

Comment

Working...
                        X