This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIN of last Studebaker built?

Does anyone know the VIN of the last Studebaker built in South Bend? I remember reading somewhere it was a Lark Daytona. Were all Larks built with sequential VINs? How would I tell if my Lark were an early or late 63?
    Thanks
    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

You could ask the museum...they own it. For what it's worth, my Daytona was built on Oct.31st and the VIN is 64V-15003

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Sterling Heights, MI

Ancient Chinese Proverb: "Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown!"

1964 Studebaker Daytona - Laguna Blue, Original 4-Spd. Car, Power Steering, Disc Brakes, Bucket Seats, Tinted Glass, Climatizer Ventilation System, AM Radio (136,989 Miles)
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

A google search of the newsgroup showed this: The very last car 64V 20202 a R1 Hardtop is in the National Museum. That is what JP said in 2000. The serial numbers are sequential, however some cars were pulled 'out of line' because of problems or their particular engine wasn't ready or whatever and their build date would then be later. If you want to know how close to the plant closing your car was built, you'll have to get the production order from the museum which will show your car's true birthdate.
      Tim K.
      Tim K.
      \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

Working...
      X