This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 Land Cruiser

Hi, I just purchased a 51 Commander Land Cruiser with V8 automatic. Body is good, floors are solid, glass is good, has a big dent in the top and drivers door, but I`ll work on that. Its been sitting over 20 years(title dated 1959) and engine and brakes are froze solid. Just glad to have a bullet nose, first I`ve owned since a 50 Champion I owned in 1965. I don`t know anything about the engine so at this point I haven`t decided to redo as stock or put it on a new frame with p/s, p/b, etc. Any suggestions.[}][img][/img]

Keep it original. The underpinnings of a Studebaker are as much a part of the car as the art noveau sheet metal.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I wouldn't change the frame or suspension.If the motor is bad you may consider somthing else..........But, to each thier own
      Orlando FLA

Comment

Frame is solid? Nothing messed with so far?

Fixing is easier than changing.

A 51 Land Cruiser with a tight suspension is a great joy to drive.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Sounds like a nice find you got there. I would rebuild that car to orginal. Pull that old studie motor and get it rebuilt and while the motor is getting done replace all the brake parts and flush those brake lines also. You will need the whoa when you that motor gives you all that go!!

Rick
          50 Champion
          60 Lark
          63 Hawk

Comment

Working...
          X