This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine angle/ elevation

Guys, I have just put a 350 Chevy into my 62 Lark. I used the 65-66 mounts, and the 65-66 trans cross member. The tranny I have is a Borg-Warner-Tremec t-5. Is there any particular elevation or angle I need to keep with the engine/tranny/rear end? I was told that this had to be just right or damage may occur..I guess that could be true as this was not a direct replacement deal. It's kinda of a frankenstein.. Any ideas would be helpful!! Thanks!!

Put a inclinometer on the output shaft face if it reads 2 deg. down the pinion yoke angle should be 2 deg. up. Try to keep everything parellel to each other. I think JR has a reply on another thread that goes into more detail.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by prager

Guys, I have just put a 350 Chevy into my 62 Lark. I used the 65-66 mounts, and the 65-66 trans cross member. The tranny I have is a Borg-Warner-Tremec t-5.
      Does the the T5 bolt up to the 65-66 trans cross member?

Jeff Rice is the expert on pinion angles. Hopefully he'll jump in here.

-Dick-
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick, yes the T-5 will bolt up..it does seem a litle high..I need to washer up the bolt hole,but after that it should bolt right up. Everything seems to look ok..but I'd like to be sure..Thanks!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X