This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upholstery choices

Is it possible to find out what interior color selections were available for a car with a certain exterior color scheme? The original brochures I have ('57 Silver Hawk) only mention vinyl or vinyl and fabric as options.

We can name all the available upholstery colors, and you should be able to choose one that compliments your exterior color(s). As far as a book, that would have to be the Salesmans Data Book, sometimes called Inside Facts, or the Fabric and Upholstery Selector Book. These items pop up for sale occasionally, and they're not cheap. It's pretty well documented that Stude was willing to do special orders, so how valuable are those books anyway?

Dwain G.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I have a 1964 Dealer showroom book. Actually a binder with all of the Studebaker models for 1964. It has all the model pics, specifications, exterior and interior colors. Plenty of information on all of the 1964"s and trucks included. It is a dealer item only I believe. Size is 13 1/2" by 11 1/2" The pages are very thick paper, more like thin cardboard. Sho is nice. If you would like a look-see I can e-mail pictures to you. Will be bringing it to Reedsville on Saturday. Jim Kranak jimmijim8@yahoo.com
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Dwain, you said you can name all the available upholstery colors. How do I get the information? Are you referring to what was available in 1957?

Comment

The information I have is copied from Fred Fox's two-part article on '57 Silver Hawks appearing in Aug & Sept '98 TW. Cloth & Vinyl: Charcoal, Blue, Green. All Vinyl: Charcoal, Blue, Green, Red. There is even a couple swatches to look at. Unfortunately they are in B&W.

Dwain G.
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I think Phantom does Silver Hawk interiors. At least I remember perusing their swatch book at the nats in SB 2002.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
            X