This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Fun

Saturday night some friends called and asked if we wanted to go listen to some music. There was a band reunion of several groups that used to perform locally in the Louisville area (The Carnations, Tren-Dells, etc.) There was six of us going and since my Cruiser is the only car any of us have that seats six, we took the Studebaker. I parked it on the corner near the theater then we went to buy our tickets. When I came, out, there was this group of like 15 people surrounding my Studebaker! I resisted the temptation to walk over but just stood close by and listened. I heard a few comments like "wow, this is immaculate" and "my dad had a Studebaker, but it looked like an airplane in the front..." and "you sure don't see many Studebaker's anymore..."

Made me grin real big

Great job . Nothing makes you feel as good as recognition for a job WELL DONE.

Comment

There's nothing like rolling in with the Studebaker and eyes pop out and jaws drop. When I drove our 58 4x4 and our Avanti to high school, most people couldn't believe that a Studebaker still existed. And then to find out that they're still Studebaker powered was even more exciting. It just makes you feel good.

-Home of John Studebaker-

Comment

Comment

doesn't all those wonderful complements make you feel great!! When you hear complaments like that, all the time and work that you put into the car makes it all worth it!! Even though i myself am not very far on my car, the neighbors stop over and they are amazed on how the "old beast" looks! Doesn't that just give you motivation to find another and make her shine?!
          karen

Comment

Aint it fun, Studebakers that is .

Comment

I must admit, it wasn't ME who made her shine. It was probably Don Morgan of the SDC in Ohio. Me, I'm just the caretaker for her while I'm here

quote:Originally posted by dimples

doesn't all those wonderful complements make you feel great!! When you hear complaments like that, all the time and work that you put into the car makes it all worth it!! Even though i myself am not very far on my car, the neighbors stop over and they are amazed on how the "old beast" looks! Doesn't that just give you motivation to find another and make her shine?!
              karen

Comment

Went to a local cruise night this summer. Young man in his middle twenties walked around the '53 several times before approching me. Said he had a model of a '53 at home, but had never seen a real one. He seemed very impressed. I thought it was great.

Own '53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.
                Own \'53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Bobphyl/StudeontheBeach.jpg

Comment

Comment

I bought my Ivory Mist '53 Champion Regal Starlight Coupe from a former Studebaker employee who now lives in Valparaiso, Indiana. He owned the car from 1980 to 2005. He had bought a new Azure Green/Loma Gray '53 Starlight new from the factory while he was working there in '51-'54 period. He sold that car in the '60s. He worked in the Body Division and may have worked on the car he originally bought and maybe also the car I now have. It was a pleasure and a privilege to buy a Studebaker from an ex-employee and talk with him about his Studebaker days. The car is very special to me because of this. On the way home to Massachusetts, I stopped in South Bend so the car could visit his birthplace. I photographed the car next to as many Studebaker buildings as possible. In some of the shots I angled the trailer so the car was "looking" at the factory. Sounds silly, doesn't it? It was a experience full of meaning. For me, it's about MUCH more than just the cars. It's about people and history.

'53 Champion Starlight Coupe
                    '60 Lark VIII
                    '50 2R5

Comment

I have the complete history on my Cruiser from the day it was bought off the showroom floor at R. W. Albright in Norwalk, Ohio. Unfortunately, it's first owner passed away in 1995. I wish his daughter could see the car today--she probably remembers it from when she was a litle girl.

quote:Originally posted by ladysilverhawk

Comment

I took the 56 Transtar to a local car show and was talking to the owner of a hemi-Cuda that was parked right beside me.
                        It was kinda of weird to think that my old workhorse of a truck, who probaly very few at Studebaker ever thought it would be still considered so "stylish" today that it was getting way more attention than the Cuda.
                        I too sometimes just like to listen to what people have to say about it,not knowing the owner is listing. I heard one guy say "It must have been home built out of a Studebaker car, because Studebaker never made any trucks"

Comment

If you want to hear weird comments try owning a Packard Hawk! I once had a guy at a car show tell me that I had been taken because he knew Studebakers and they never built anything like what I had. So somebody must have customized a Golden Hawk. I finally just walked away and laughed!

Mike

Comment

Amazing, isn't it....
                            And to be able to tell him that Studebaker's first, and last motor vehicle was a truck!
                            Jeff

quote:Originally posted by Transtar56

I took the 56 Transtar to a local car show and was talking to the owner of a hemi-Cuda that was parked right beside me.
                            It was kinda of weird to think that my old workhorse of a truck, who probaly very few at Studebaker ever thought it would be still considered so "stylish" today that it was getting way more attention than the Cuda.
                            I too sometimes just like to listen to what people have to say about it,not knowing the owner is listing. I heard one guy say "It must have been home built out of a Studebaker car, because Studebaker never made any trucks"
                            DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
                            '37 Coupe Express
                            '37 Coupe Express Trailer
                            '61 Hawk

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

It is true that we are merely caretakers of these fine old cars. When I had my 60 Pontiac Catalina, I was lucky enough to find a copy of the original title in the glove box. I did an internet search of the name and sure enought the original owner was still alive in that Texas town! I called him and we talked for an hour. I learned ALOT about that Pontiac that day and thought it was cool to hear that his three year old son would stand on the front seat waving at him when his mom drove by his work. His son is now 48! That must've been the kid who scribbled in the owners manual I sent him photos of the car and it really made his day. He last saw it in 1977.
                              Todd

Comment

Working...
                              X