This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roller Rocker arms and Shafts????

I would Imagine that they are being produced from time to time.I will be needing a set next year.Any Info??????? thanks Tom.

Ted Harbit has a source.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    JDP Maryland

Comment

I also have a source for rocker arms in different ratios.

David L
      David L

Comment

Thanks, Iam using high end valvetrain. Will be shopping soon, Addresses??? Thanks Tom.

Comment

Ted Harbit has sold his parts store earlier this year, The fella that took over Is going to do a great job aswell. Ted has His address. Tom

Comment

Dave,

Please explain your high end rocker system.

I'm in middle of doing a lot of head work for myself, Ross pistons, reworked stock rods, (no bolt, removed boss), etc.
            There are some modified rockers for Studes out there that may have the geometry compromised, and I don't want to get into that for mine.

I'm looking at several ways of improving the rocker system. Any help out there?

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Jon said that we have roller 'tip' rockers, has a few sets in cars here and is still working with the company if any interest.

Linda

Comment

This is Tom, (oldvinyl) My high end valvetrain is all ford nascar bits and topped with a special set of lash caps to bring things close to factory stem hight. The springs that Iam using are built by Isky, and good for a long hard 7500 -8000 RPM pass. the factory rocker arms will not do the job too long before one breaks, and just dont need Murphys Law too deeply in my face. Want to do it all as good as possible. Tom

Comment

Tom. In the 47 years that I have been racing Studes I have never broken a rocker arm. I am using Iskenderian 305D-806S dual springs on my engines and shift at 7,200 but I an running 3 5/8" bore X 2 13/16 stroke 224 crank. You should find some Canadian rockers to run.

Comment

OK, I'll bite... what's the difference between Canadian rockers and the ones that are in my engine?

nate

--
                    55 Commander Starlight
                    62 Daytona hardtop
                    --
                    55 Commander Starlight
                    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

N8N, in order to get the joke you have to read Mo Par intakes and adapters.

Comment

ah, OK, I got it now... should really keep up with all the discussions, I just have this nasty job thing that gets in the way...

nate

--
                        55 Commander Starlight
                        62 Daytona hardtop
                        --
                        55 Commander Starlight
                        http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

And then there are those Canadian built Avanti's.

(I am not poking fun at our Canadian friends, just those who keep telling me that Avanti's were built in Canada after 63.)

David L
                          David L

Comment

Ya,,, The Canadian Rocker arms , lets try Rocking chairs and thats where Ill be sitting the next few minutes drinking the worlds greatest beer,,,,, Coors, Budd, Hey they are brewed in canada, but I think the cans and bottles come from India. Thanks for the tip on the rocker arms, I have ran them at those speeds and never broke any. I want to take away as much friction as possible. thats all. I have a long pushrod and dont know what to do!!!! Tom.

Comment

Tom; Do your push rods sit on the bottom of the lifters? Stude style? or are you running Chrysler type with a button on top? Smith brothers push rods 62968 Layton Ave. Bend Oregon 97701 (541-388-8188) will build you any thing you want for about $100 and will guarentee that it will not bend or brake or they will replace it. Oh! unless you can find some of those Canadian pushrods.

Comment

Working...
                              X