This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip in Studebaker

Drove the '55 President to Dallas for the weekend,475 miles all total. She ran perfect. This was our first long distance run since purchasing the car in May of this year. The Passmaster engine is a strong performer. I could move,travel,& navigate the Dallas I-35E and all the freeways with ease. This is my first ever real Studebaker experience. Thanks for all the help over the summer. Studebakers are Grand Cars.Oil pressure 40 psi after hours of running in 80 to 90 degree temperatures,engine temperature never raised and oil consumed about 300 ml. That would be 1400 miles per Qt.

You've confirmed what I've been saying for years. A Stude can GO! They're not some fragile curio! Great trip!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I stopped at a gas station in Tismingo,OK. and a fellow wanted to look into the car, He was a upholsterer from a near by town. He said the fabric in my car seats sells for $300.00 per sq yd. Could that be true? My interior has very, very good original fabric.

Comment

It COULD be true, depending an the guy's source.
        Since I have a 55 President State, I've asked Rene at Phantom about one of his interiors for my President. At the time (3 years ago)it was $2300 for a complete interior in EXACT color and pattern. This includes door panels, carpet, headliner and much more! This makes that fella's quote on just the fabric sound a bit inflated.[}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
        X