X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DARN! Still need truck moved!

Well......

Yesterday that truck in Minnesota was supposed to be picked up by some guys from the north star chaper of the SDC....they showed up to get the truck but for some reason the truck wouldnt fit on their trailer. Not really sure what happened, as I cant get ahold of the guys and my guess they are somewhat "ticked" at me for going there to get the truck but had to go back empty....Not sure why they should be upset with me, as I told them that the truck required an open flatbed, NOT an enclosed hauler. Not sure what the problem with fit was as I only was able to talk to the guys who owned the truck....

I Informed the guys that it is a 2R15-21 truck, which should be a one ton, and according to the model# not have duels....

At this rate, I don't want to take advantage of anymore kindness to go get the truck. If someone has a trailer that can haul this, I will pay 75 cents a mile for it to get moved to the South Bend area.

Kent Fedor
    231-250-2250

As I just e-mailed Kent, I was also unaware that this was a 1-ton truck. I only have a little Ford Ranger with a small 6 cylinder and a tow dolly. Neither of these will be able to handle moving this type of truck [V][B)]. I'm still on board for moving the Lark once it gets to Northern Indiana.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Sterling Heights, MI

Ancient Chinese Proverb: "Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown!"

1964 Studebaker Daytona - Laguna Blue, Original 4-Spd. Car, Power Steering, Disc Brakes, Bucket Seats, Tinted Glass, Climatizer Ventilation System, AM Radio (136,989 Miles)
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

It should be noted that anyone who called me in referance to moving this truck were told the dementions (122" wheelbase), weight (3,450) and that it was a one ton.

When Arlen from the North Star chapter of the SDC called he wondered if it would fit in an enclosed car hauling trailer, and I said no. He got back with me a couple days later and said he got use of an open flatbed.

I hadn't heard anything for awhile and attempts to get him at his phone number failed so I called the previous owners of the truck and was informed the truck is still there, however, Some guys did show to to try to get it, but they had an enclosed trailer and it goes without saying it didnt fit.

I'm not placing any blame, nor am I saying that I'm not at fault.

Kent

Comment

Kent,

You can expect a phone call from Arlan. I just called him. There was a problem on this end, but not with Arlan. He understood very well the truck wouldn't fit in an enclosed trailer. It was someone else who didn't seem to understand that.

ANYWAY, hang tight. He'll give you a call. He's not upset in the slightest and expects to try again to get the truck for you.
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Scott,
          Thanks for the update, I was really concerned that I had neglected to tell them it was a one ton truck!
          Kent

Comment

Working...
          X